1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Adword or forum posting?

Discussion in 'Google AdWords' started by chinesegirl07, Oct 6, 2014.

Will adword help a new forum site from ranking? Or should I get a forum poster to get the site running?

chinesegirl07, Oct 6, 2014 IP
  2. Fer0

Fer0 Active Member

Best Answers:
    There is a really low SEO impact from AdWords in Google algorythm.
    Kind regards.

Fer0, Oct 6, 2014 IP
  3. RichardGB

RichardGB Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yeah, probably forum poster is a good way to get site running. But I can't really tell you anything about the efficiency.

RichardGB, Oct 6, 2014 IP
  4. Alisha Jhonson

Alisha Jhonson Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    forum posting...

Alisha Jhonson, Oct 6, 2014 IP
  5. Arick unirow

Arick unirow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    In my opinion, both Adwords and Forum Poster are good option for new forum. But, we have to understand if certain method is good only for certain conditions.

For new forum, here are my my thoughts:
    1. Using Adwords to promote new forum probably isn't good idea. Use adwords when the forum already filled with good contents. People love forum which has good content, isn't it? :)
    2. New forum tend to have less threads/posts and most of them are not useful enough for both readers/spiders.
      It is essential to stand out in the competition. New and Unique ideas were not enough to attract more attention from both visitors and Search engine. What we need are useful and detailed posts because both of them are the first keys to win the competition.
    3. Keep any threads to be focused as good as possible (I prefer calling it 'Focused Thread').
      Each thread should be related with 'main keyword' of the forum. By doing it the forum will get better authority for some keywords.
      If it is possible, Hire professional staffs to move/delete 'wrong/bad threads'.
      Hiring moderator is much better than Forum Poster. Professional Moderator will not only able to create engaging and focused threads/conversations but also keep good relationship with notable members.
    4. There should be at-least more than three useful and detailed posts in each 'focused thread'. Each good detailed post will help each threads to gain 'more exposure'. more such post is recommended.
      The count of posts in each thread is not that important. What really important is How much good and detailed posts in that thread.
    5. Make 'Very Strict Rules' to keep the new forum as good as possible.
      It is very important to make very strict rules if we want to make the new forum as great as what we want.
      Make strict rules to only allow good and useful posts in indexed areas of some forum/sub forums. Sometimes it is best to create non-indexed pages which allow users to write 'less useful posts'.
    6. There others factors which impact the popularity of each (new) forum such as:
      - Securities
      - Loading Speed
      - Structural Information
      - And much more
      Each Search Engine has their own algorithms to rank any site/forum. But what really important is 'Satisfy User/Visitor'. Most SE trying to please visitors by displaying result which they think is good for visitor. We should do the same. Make visitor happy with useful contents and there would be great chance they will participate in the forum.
    My conclusions:
    1. Using Adwords is good for certain condition and the same thing also apply for forum poster.
    2. It is better filling new forum with sufficient useful contents before advertise it with Adwords.
    3. Sometime it is better to spend money by hiring professional staffs/moderator rather than forum poster.
    4. Adwords is good choice once the forum has authority. By using Adwords there is high chance more people will register with the forum.
    5. Developing forum require dedication. Puts lots of efforts to develop it as good as possible. Handling small forum alone is not that hard but once it growing bigger, it is recommended to hire more talented staffs.
    6. Using Adwords is good to promote established new forum while hiring professional forum poster is good only if the forum lack useful content.

Note:
    1. The ideas in this post are based on my own opinion.
    2. I am not the owner of successful forum so my ideas may not work for you (or everyone).

Arick unirow, Oct 6, 2014 IP
  6. manishak2001

manishak2001 Active Member

Best Answers:
    It is always good to hire professional help. I have been hired a number of times by forum owners to post/moderate their forums. It is essential to keep answering the questions that people post on your forum. Once there is sufficient traffic, things will work on their own. However, you need to get paid help initially, else you won't be able to manage on your own.

manishak2001, Oct 6, 2014 IP
  7. SEM Resource

SEM Resource Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Adwords is better for generating traffic and sales.

If you're looking for ranking placement, forum posting is a better option.

Adwords doesn't build backlinks, but forum posting does. Forum posting also builds community, which is what Google Analytics is geared towards.

SEM Resource, Dec 18, 2014 IP
  8. Dipendra Pokharel

Dipendra Pokharel Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Could not agree more.

Dipendra Pokharel, Dec 19, 2014 IP
  9. AppyArry

AppyArry Active Member

Best Answers:
    Adwords is the place, where you need to spend money to get the people to your Forum whereas Forum Posting is a part of off-page SEO wherein you will need to put efforts (doing SEO) to get your forum rank on search engines.
    You need to think and decide which one to choose among.

AppyArry, Jan 2, 2015 IP
  10. King-Servers

King-Servers Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Forum posting is good but Adwords will get you more visitors. But you have to realize that forum posting is free and you have to pay for adwords. You can try out Adwords and see if it increases your business.

King-Servers, Jan 4, 2015 IP
  11. ethelbert

ethelbert Active Member

Best Answers:
    adword bro

ethelbert, Jan 5, 2015 IP
  12. luden

luden Active Member

Best Answers:
    Totaly false, If you spend money on adwords to fill your forum you will loose almost all your money because you don't sell anything ) and even if you sell something it has not to be a cheap product or service, this is what i think

luden, Jun 6, 2016 IP
  13. Sopu

Sopu Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    First enrich your forum section, connect with some online forum review site to display your site. And then consider google adwords to promote your site. Thanks!

Sopu, Jul 26, 2016 IP
  14. MayurKawale

MayurKawale Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Go with niche forum posting.... u will see the effect.

MayurKawale, Sep 1, 2016 IP
  15. daica85

daica85 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think in the first stage of SEO, you will need to use Adwords to push some traffics to your website in order to get some ranking first. Then if you have more budget, you should combine between SEO and PPC together, use SEO to get free & original traffics and use PPC to get paid traffics. This will help you a lot in your long term SEO campaigns.

daica85, Sep 1, 2016 IP