1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Multiple Domain Name with different endings

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Mis_ter, Oct 5, 2014.

Hello community

I have a simple and yet so difficult for me important question. Own four identical domains with different endings.

xyz.ch is for web service
    xyz.com is for SEO Service
    xzy.net in planning a business intelligence service
    xyz.info in planning may be a kind Business Card for all domains.

ask:

If it comes to the the Different endings and various services for mess? What say you as a customer when you arrive in the same name, but other service

How it looks with SEO. Basically it does not really matter which endings and which service because the keyword specific, or am I wrong here?

If you have an idea for use of multiple domains or a solution I would be grateful for any help.

Regards Mis_ter

Mis_ter, Oct 5, 2014 IP
  2. www_HypeFree_com

www_HypeFree_com Active Member

Best Answers:
    Isnt' the .ch Switcherland?

www_HypeFree_com, Oct 5, 2014 IP
  3. Mis_ter

Mis_ter Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yes, the TLD of Switzerland

Mis_ter, Oct 5, 2014 IP
  4. Robbie Bobbie

Robbie Bobbie Member

Best Answers:
    Only use the .com - I think the rest are worthless. You can keep them to keep others from getting them, but the .com is really the only one that is important. - very few people ever brand a .net, .info, .biz, .tv, .whatever - successfully. And now there are like 1,000 .somethings... .tax, .bar, .blahblahblah...

Last edited: Oct 6, 2014
    Robbie Bobbie, Oct 6, 2014 IP
  5. George Peirson

George Peirson Active Member

Best Answers:
    Google looks at each web site domain with a different ending as a completely different site. So if you are duplicating any content between the sites Google will spot that duplication and ding you for it. Best to use only one domain if possible unless the different domains don't contain duplicate content. I actually have two domains, georgepeirson.com which is where my blog lives and howtogurus.com where I sell my training DVDs. Those two domains don't share content and have a different focus so they don't cause Google problems.

So, if your web sites are all different, go ahead and have as many domains as you want. If you duplicate content you are better off combining that content onto one domain name and .com is the best for that.

George Peirson, Oct 6, 2014 IP
  6. Scorpion Ghost

Scorpion Ghost Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Well... I'm not sure about this, but here's my Opinion.

How about keeping the .com domain, but turning it into a multi-niche site that deals with Web Service, SEO Service and the other two.

And then creating sub-domains on the main site, 4 sub-domains, one for each service. So it will be like:

xyz.webservice.com
    xyz.seoservice.com

And so on and so forth...

Then take the .ch, the .net and the .info and do a 301 redirect to each of the sub-domain sites in order to keep link juice/page rank. (Unfortunately the .com subdomain will have to start fresh as far as ranking goes, although all 4 of the sub-domains will be leeching a little bit of ranking from the main .com domain)

So you'll be left with 4 sub-domains, each dealing with a specific niche, and the main .com site as the mother-site, or whatever you wanna call it.

It's just an idea, you'd have to look around or talk to someone more experienced...

Good luck.

Scorpion Ghost, Oct 6, 2014 IP
  7. harrysam

harrysam Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If you are targeting local customers then,
    xyz.ch/service-1
    xyz.ch/service-2
    and so on.....

Register xyz.com and xyz.net and redirect both to xyz.ch

If you are targeting international customers then,
    xyz.com/service-1
    xyz.com/service-2
    and so on.....

Register xyz.net and redirect to xyz.com

As far as .info is concerned, from my experience, they are useless as google does not like them.

harrysam, Oct 7, 2014 IP
  8. Mis_ter

Mis_ter Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the answers

Thought so that it will be a bit complicated. I just thought that can best separate each service.

I really wanted to buy the domains, so that no other has but now some are empty because Without making with you what (was my worry)

With the .ch I am working in Switzerland but with ..com even already weill I have better results with google.

The one with the Sub Page is always a problem because it does not look clean.

Now a simple question with the redirects:

The user slides where over ..net comes directly on .ch but the pages Language is directly in English is

The users where over ..info comes directly on the French language is redirected ch.

so what makes any sense?

Mis_ter, Oct 7, 2014 IP