1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Forum ideas

Discussion in 'Forum Management' started by afterburn25, Mar 30, 2013.

If anyone is looking for a good forum idea but having a hard time finding a good niche I would suggest cooking I started a cooking and recipes forum and it got popular quickly and its something people really like. people also keep coming back and posting a lot of useful threads.

afterburn25, Mar 30, 2013 IP
  2. ninjamtlt1

ninjamtlt1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Ii'm not much into cooking but thanks for the tip. Forums are great and I"ve considered starting one on Wordpress.people seem to love them alot.

ninjamtlt1, Mar 30, 2013 IP
  3. walts1

walts1 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Ridiculous! BBpress is a joke!

walts1, Mar 31, 2013 IP
  4. MikeQ

MikeQ Member

Best Answers:

What do you mean, cooking is less competitive niche?

If so, then I have to research about it.

MikeQ, Mar 31, 2013 IP
  5. rankwatch.com

rankwatch.com Active Member

Best Answers:
    Cooking is an interesting niche and can get more users with little promotion of the forum.

rankwatch.com, Apr 1, 2013 IP
  6. Indiabulls

Indiabulls Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Its best to make a forum on which you are comfortable with. Choose a niche that's mostly your hobby. Because you will be comfortably working on it for 12-14 hours for promotions & content & you will enjoy it to the core.

Indiabulls, Apr 1, 2013 IP
  7. NeilUK

NeilUK Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Whilst it MIGHT be important to build a forum around niche you like, I still think I would prefer to go with a niche that is POPULAR ... Regardless of whether I like the subject or not. If it is popular then you should get quite a good following fairly sharpish and then you can start looking at renting out advertising space.

Income from those adverts can then go towards hiring an outsourcer to manage the forum for you.

Cheers

NUK

NeilUK, Apr 1, 2013 IP
  8. Indiabulls

Indiabulls Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Dats a pretty cool explanation... Noted down!

Indiabulls, Apr 1, 2013 IP
    NeilUK likes this.
  9. JerrickYeoh

JerrickYeoh Active Member

Best Answers:
    People will come back non stop after they try on the recipe and give different suggestion and ideas back .
    Everyperson have different taste and preferable so they will try to share their experience with add in or reduce some ingredient.
    Trust me , even a boiled egg can be hot topic while they will be lot of ways to boiled an egg and what source to eat with .

JerrickYeoh, Apr 3, 2013 IP
  10. lifeplayer

lifeplayer Notable Member

Best Answers:
    all the niche have the fans, the main concern is the forum owner must be good/interested on the niche

lifeplayer, Apr 3, 2013 IP
  11. Jing_MorinHosting

Jing_MorinHosting Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Maybe cooking and recipes got more demannds lately and a good niche that surely hit more profit. It's quite interesting.

Jing_MorinHosting, Apr 4, 2013 IP
  12. CashflyAlex

CashflyAlex Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Cooking and recipes is nice, but there isn't a whole lot of advertisers interested in that niche. If you're in it for the money, I suggest finding out which campaigns pay the most money, and build a forum for that niche. Such as car insurance or home financing.

CashflyAlex, Apr 4, 2013 IP
  13. RectangleMan

RectangleMan Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Food/Cooking is a good niche because everyone eats. You can't go wrong with it. Maybe it's time I opened one up. :) Been thinking about it for over a decade. I even have a couple choice domains to do it with.

Goodluck to OP btw.

RectangleMan, Apr 15, 2013 IP
  14. afterburn25

afterburn25 Active Member

Best Answers:
    problem with people these days is it has to be about the money blah blah blah if you are starting a forum and your doing it for the money and not because you enjoy it you have already failed. do yourself a favor and get a job and stop trying to make the easy money there's no such thing it takes years to build a community no matter how popular the nich is. I guarantee you 6 months from now 90% of these forums from these guys doing it for the money not the love of the subject those sites will not be around. I have a cooking and recipes forum its what I love. I never intended to do it for the money have its cost me a lot but I get steady traffic and activity but you know what its been around for the last 2 years and still going strong I just moved it to a VPS out of pocket but I don't care patients will pay off.

afterburn25, Oct 4, 2014 IP
  15. Robustian

Robustian Member

Best Answers:
    You gotta try something that isn't heavily overdone apparently. I'd just do something you can advertise well.

Robustian, Oct 12, 2014 IP