1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Athlon.com sold for $100,000

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by techsuvidha, Oct 3, 2014.

The value of domains are rising day by day, especially a single letter dictionary word domain. The sale was recorded on 2nd Oct, 2014 by sedo. Wish i also had one letter domain name...;)

techsuvidha, Oct 3, 2014 IP
  2. www_HypeFree_com

www_HypeFree_com Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have a feeling the value will be going down, I just have that feeling when people realize they can get any good spelling cheap without getting #@$@# buy the 90% who have a domain and don't use it just parasite for someone to pay them off. Now with billions of TLD's when search figures it out the a .NEW works better then the squatered parasitic .COM which has nothing just blackmailing the real person with value to pay them off. The question is when, but it will happen. I know parasites blackmailing and making a fortune but hopefully not for long!

www_HypeFree_com, Oct 3, 2014 IP
  3. tdn878

tdn878 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Sorry, maybe I missed something. Since when were there billions of TLD's?

tdn878, Oct 3, 2014 IP
  4. Sugavanas

Sugavanas Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Not billions maybe but there are tons of tld coming out. Domains now became a thing many people have so they are running low on choices. Of course single dictionary words do not mean anything to me if you ask me.
    FaceBook
    Digitalpoint
    and much more have becomes famous of their contents not words.

Google is not at all an english word but now its a dictionary word as of its company. Domain Name has nothing to do with your content except if you have a domain like, technology.com and post cooking recipes in it :p

Sugavanas, Oct 3, 2014 IP
  5. tdn878

tdn878 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah I thought so. I only heard that they were planning to bring in thousands more, but not yet confirmed.

Anyway, I think .COM's will probably be more valuable than they are now, not less. They are scarce and everyone wants one. But I agree that if you are web developer who is trying to create a new brand for your business, it shouldn't really matter if you have a dictionary word domain or what the TLD is(.com is preferable though), as long as it works for you.

tdn878, Oct 3, 2014 IP
    Sugavanas likes this.
  6. Sugavanas

Sugavanas Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    .COM will always be valuable. Every main company uses it. And everyone when need to go to a social site, mail or some kind of companies site, they always tend to type in name.com.

Example is microsoft which when you login their main site is live.com but you can access parts of it from skydrive.com, onedrive.com, hotmail.com and many more.

I am not sure if .com was the first tld but it sure looks like its the first because its everyones favourite. Other tld's often are bought to redirect to that site.

Sugavanas, Oct 4, 2014 IP
    tdn878 likes this.
  7. Ronald Beeler

Ronald Beeler Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    .com was 1 of the first domain extensions to be made when domain names came out. It just sparked more interest because it was more for companies. The other TLD's that came out with the .com extension were .net, .org, and .gov. But those were more specific and not really targeted by as many people as .com was since their are so many more companies than networks or organizations.

Ronald Beeler, Oct 6, 2014 IP
  8. pupul

pupul Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Whatever you may say .com still is the King of tlds. There may be many new tlds. But they can't replace .com unless there is some awesome technology which .com don't have. :) But currently I don't see any possibilities.
    I know the situation when you need one .com domain name & the owner asks a lot of money. I offered him $2000 but he asked $10000. I couldn't go beyond $2000 for that .com domain name. :)

pupul, Oct 6, 2014 IP
  9. techsuvidha

techsuvidha Member

Best Answers:
    I totalyy agree with you pupul!

techsuvidha, Oct 8, 2014 IP
  10. fokerss

fokerss Active Member

Best Answers:
    if the website is not develop and the domain is not worth like that much . the website i seem too far from the value it given .

fokerss, Oct 12, 2014 IP