1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

best online video player

Discussion in 'PHP' started by beven, Sep 28, 2014.

Hi to all,
    Dear i am going to develop a website of videos like youtube.
    but i have a problem with the selection of the video player. Kindly let me the best online player which is suitable for mobile and desktop....

Second thing is how to hide the video path from the end user .

I am going to develop this dynamic online video website in php, sql and Jquery .

thanks in Advance

beven, Sep 28, 2014 IP
  2. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I don't have an answer for best video player. I will suggest you create a solution that uses multiple players from HTML5 embeded videos to Flash because there isn't a single player that will be compatible with every device and browser.

More importantly.....WHY are you looking to make such a site? YouTube is home to hundreds of millions of videos and receives billions of views every month. In fact, according to YouTube there is over 100 hours of video uploaded every minute of the day. Again..WHY are you making a web site like YouTube??? I consider that time suicide. You're going to spend countless hours creating a cheesy ripoff that noone will use. Plus even if you do become successful with traffic the success will KILL your site because you won't be able to financially support the bandwidth and the resources. Hell..you won't even find investors that will touch that project knowing that you can't compete!

NetStar, Sep 30, 2014 IP
  3. showgun

showgun Member

Best Answers:
    codecanyon.net is the best place to find such a video player. Hiding the url is the easiest thing to do. Do not publish any video! That's the only way to hide the url. If you put it online, there is no way to protect them. Even Youtube is uncapable. I agree with netstar above. Video hosting like youtube is not profitable due to overheads. Youtube has been making a loss since the very beginning. But i do not want to ruin your parade so if you really want to give it a go, please do yourself a favor and use a ready made code. I would suggest y6ou to use Cumulusclips. You can find it at clumulusclips.org. Very well coded easy to modify to your needs. Good luck

showgun, Sep 30, 2014 IP
  4. Infonic

Infonic Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You can use html 5 for this, you can embed video easily without having special knowledge of programming so use html5 and do it easily

Infonic, Sep 30, 2014 IP
  5. brealmz

brealmz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    flowplayer free version is nice. Branding your player is possible in commercial license

brealmz, Oct 1, 2014 IP
  6. www_HypeFree_com

www_HypeFree_com Active Member

Best Answers:
    You will probably need to stream the videos not have them download everyone and the player that does that for me is JWPlayer, it works for me. I'm sure there are better ones but this one has been around for a long time and I know is stable.

www_HypeFree_com, Oct 1, 2014 IP