1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Couldn't Get Help on Support Site

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by LastDrop, Sep 30, 2014.

Hi all. First, ı looked around about my issue and couldn't find any solution! My site is based on wallpapers and backgrounds. I want to add a small button on images to download them directly from my server. Click and download image in posts. How can ı make this please? Thanks for your help.

LastDrop, Sep 30, 2014 IP
  2. Hefaistos

Hefaistos Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    You can create a shortcode that will add a download button and you will need to specify the url to each image or you can save the url for each image in a custom field and retrieve this value in a template file with get_post_meta, in single.php or where do you need it.

Hefaistos, Sep 30, 2014 IP
  3. LastDrop

LastDrop Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for reply me but I don't understand what you say! What I have to do exactly please? And how is that shortcode?

4. Hefaistos

Hefaistos Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    You need to have some knowledge about WordPress coding, HTML and css to achieve what you want.
    I can't give you the exact code and tell you what to edit because every WordPress theme is coded in its own way and I'm not aware of what theme are you using for your website and the way it's coded. I gave you some directions in the post above.
    If you don't understand what I was talking about in my previous reply, this makes me think that you are not having any clue about website development and you are waiting for someone to do all the work for you.

Hefaistos, Sep 30, 2014 IP
  5. LastDrop

LastDrop Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes Hefaistos, I don't have knowledge Wordpress coding. So, I can make nothing about this issue! Thank you very much again and I am waiting someone to help me. Regards.

6. Pathan

Pathan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Pathan, Sep 30, 2014 IP
  7. LastDrop

LastDrop Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Pathan. Thanks for the advice but this plugin ads only a download button. I want to add small button on each thumbnail and make them downloadable the original version of image directly. For example check this site please; http://wall.alphacoders.com/
    When you hover to any image you can see "Download This" button and when you click on it you can download it directly.

8. Pathan

Pathan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Pathan, Oct 1, 2014 IP