1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Contest -- Stop desing Stealing Please --

Discussion in 'Design Contests' started by Asasi, Sep 29, 2014.

Hello everyone

If you have work here as a designer you see that some starters don's pick anyone as a winner to pay but they steal and use it without paying the prize.

Most contest starters work right and pay the prize just as they promised. I'm not talking about them. I'm talking about a small group of contest starters.

Examples:
    https://forums.digitalpoint.com/threads/20-logo-contest.2733762/page-2#post-19048832

look. 10 x2 image models for 20$ but still not even answering.
    https://forums.digitalpoint.com/threads/20-trophy-image-contest-48-hours.2733489/

https://forums.digitalpoint.com/threads/20-logo-contest-ends-in-72-hours.2733600/page-2

https://forums.digitalpoint.com/threads/25-easy-banner-design.2733680/page-2

I'm sure most designers here have these kind of problems. I think we should ask digitalpoint to do something about it. It's not something that can't be solve. So to start we should:

1. DO NOT SPEND your precious time to design for people who has no reputation here or has bad credit. (I know it's not good for newbies but it's temporary solution.)

2. WATERMARK YOUR WORK.
    Look at this. It took half day but I gave it big size free, like a stupid because I didn't watermark my work.

There are better solutions but it needs digitalpoint admins cooperation.

If you are agree please post your comment here. Off course several voices are higher than just one person.

Asasi, Sep 29, 2014 IP
  2. Asasi

Asasi Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Sorry for thread title. Really appreciate if someone correct "design" word in title.
    Thanks

Asasi, Sep 29, 2014 IP
  3. shrikant163

shrikant163 Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Correctly said @Asasi

Instead of posting this in a contest way.
    You could have reported it to the team of this site.

shrikant163, Sep 29, 2014 IP
    Asasi likes this.
  4. vectors

vectors Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 1
    This is the fact actually!
    I recently added two design and they didn't even reply! Maybe digital-point owner should take payment first like guaranteed version or any other solution like verified contest holder so that our time should not waste.

vectors, Sep 29, 2014 IP
    MJMdesigns, akhilrs and Asasi like this.
  5. me2_me2

me2_me2 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    me2_me2, Sep 29, 2014 IP
  6. shrikant163

shrikant163 Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    yeh we need to but we should keep asking the contest holder when he is going to announce the winner.
    And he cheats then we should make sure that the should never be able to post a contest again.

@me2_me2 i know about that guy from before only he steals everyones design i guess and when asked whats the progress or something he just says that he dint liked and stuffs.

good job anyways @me2_me2.

Designers need to beware of all this.

shrikant163, Sep 29, 2014 IP
  7. Skaritza

Skaritza Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Guys, this is just a forum, no one has no obligation to no one, so...ofcourse digital point won't do anything about this...because, THIS IS JUST A FORUM, this forum is about a lot of stuff, it has no contest holding algorythms or something, it is just a plain normal forum, everyone can say and add anything, so...this is not 99designs, get over it.

Skaritza, Sep 29, 2014 IP
    ShoeMaster likes this.
  8. Kryex

Kryex Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I'm not a designer but I feel your pain.

I'd say watermarking is the way to go.

Kryex, Sep 29, 2014 IP
    Playaone likes this.
  9. ThreeCipto

ThreeCipto Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I'm not too smart to design, while the passage of time, maybe later I found a lot of knowledge, and here I too have found there is a member that provides the contest,
    However, the winner doesn't receive payment from the party that made the contest.

Indeed it's good,we're working on in design give the watermark. This would be much better that we are not in the stolen designs. :)

ThreeCipto, Sep 30, 2014 IP
  10. ShoeMaster

ShoeMaster Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I see you linked one of my threads there (https://forums.digitalpoint.com/threads/20-trophy-image-contest-48-hours.2733489/). Some things you and other designers need to understand.

1) As a customer we are not obligated to purchase a design if we choose not to. Its a contest, contests can have winners or not.
    2) Sometimes we choose the winner in private and dont close the contest since some of us may buy more than one entry.
    3) As a artist entering contests you shouldnt expect to win everyone, sometimes you win sometimes you loose, if it goes unanswered consider it a loss. Thats the risks you take entering contests vs contract/won jobs.
    4) You also have to understand when we host contests we get a lot of inboxes with entries (maybe some of those are winners) and we keep our threads opened for multiple artists to have a chance to win.

You also went on to say "but they steal and use it without paying the prize.". Can you please show me some proof that I personally stole any of the designs that someone has designed without paying for them?
    This is like me saying all the artists on here are stealing designs..

I completely agree every artist should watermark their work. But you cannot come into this thread saying "they are stealing our designs" or "THEY MUST PICK A WINNER" even though they might not like the designs that were presented.

This link will show you that i did not annouce a winner but i chose multiple winners.
    https://forums.digitalpoint.com/threads/30-logo-design-contest-48-hours.2732514/

Also sometimes customers like myself dont like to go back and forth with artists for multiple days explaining to them what to change, what to add, what to do ect.. We present a project and if the artist has the same vision as the customer they usually win the job.
    Its like going to a restaurant and ordering a meal, it turns out that you dont like the food they gave you. You dont go to the chef and tell him you need to add salt, remove the peppers, do this, do that. You simply dont eat the food (dont choose a winner) or you just leave it as is and dont come back to the place.

For example i had posted a contest and im busy with real life stuff (the reason we outsource our design work) and @me2_me2 weant and hyjacked one of my other threads insulting me and calling me stupid. If you see her other thread (https://forums.digitalpoint.com/threads/100usd-profile-page-design.2730782/#post-19030908). She is calling the guy a "Lier and Stupid".
    No customer wants to deal with a unprofessional child like that.

A lot of the work i see here is great work and its worth every penny! Some of the artists here are amazing and they recieve regular customers. But as artists you should understand you are entering a contest, dont get upset if you dont win or if the customer decides to keep the contest open for more than one winner, it benefits you.

Hope i didnt offend anyone. Best of luck and make sure to watermark your images!

ShoeMaster, Sep 30, 2014 IP
  11. bRainWithStorm

bRainWithStorm Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I totally agree with you guys. Im always posting the contests and I have almost all of my contests closed. If i say something i will do anything to keep the promise. However sometimes my customers who ordered the logo are not responsive and i can't do anything about it except of pinging them all the time.

Hope you see why sometimes it takes time for me to close the competition. However latelly im noticing less and less designs on my contests. Are designers moving to some other places or the price is not attractive anymore.

p.s. I totally agree with watermarking and have nothing against it.

bRainWithStorm, Sep 30, 2014 IP
  12. GrapX2

GrapX2 Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hmm I think I know why less and less people are coming here. Perhaps they watched this video on youtube: www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lY9Nl8QrOA

GrapX2, Oct 6, 2014 IP