1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Ranking Dropped !!

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Siservices, Sep 28, 2014.

I have a website that was doing really well and suddenly from 2 days the rankings dropped tremendously. But, the traffic increased. I can't understand why this happened. As I have posted some fresh qualitative content and updated my website last week. Please help.

Siservices, Sep 28, 2014 IP
  2. Kristina Roy

Kristina Roy Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think, it is due to latest Panda update. More details can be found at here: searchengineland.com/panda-update-rolling-204313
    About traffic: You should check, which traffic is increasing, organic, referral or direct after that you can know the exact reason behind it.

Kristina Roy, Sep 28, 2014 IP
    eric_wahlberg likes this.
  3. Manmohan Singh

Manmohan Singh Member

Best Answers:
    Hi,

yes this is due to latest Google panda 4.1 . It is rolling our from last week and hit 3 to 5% english queries. It is update for thin and poor quality content. As you are saying that you have posted the content in last week, i think that content is not as per the Google webmaster guidance. This Update rolling up to next week.

Manmohan Singh, Sep 29, 2014 IP
  4. BenNorman

BenNorman Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Siservices - as the two other responders have stated, it's likely due to Panda's most recent update. However, if you would like an extra pair of eyes on your site, I offer a free SEO risk assessment if you are interested. Let me know.

BenNorman, Sep 29, 2014 IP
  5. eric_wahlberg

eric_wahlberg Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Have you checked your site content for duplicacy? In the case of sudden rank dropping, it happens.

eric_wahlberg, Sep 29, 2014 IP
  6. mangleded

mangleded Peon

Best Answers:
    Check also if your content is good quality, because it may be that google found it not quality enough and deranked you because of that

mangleded, Sep 29, 2014 IP
  7. Seo Power

Seo Power Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    By how much did your rankings drop. I guess not much, maybe 1 or 2 spots down, since your traffic actually increased. Your site probably dropped for some keywords and gained higher positions for others. That's what happens when an algorithm update like Panda is rolled out.

I advise that you pinpoint the exact pages that dropped in the SERPs and improve the content they contain. If they contain duplicate content, replace them with unique content. If they are very short, flesh them out with more content and add images and videos where necessary.

Also, watch your bounce rate. Even if Google doesn't have direct access to your website's bounce rate, it can give you an idea of how useful your content is to your visitors.

Seo Power, Sep 29, 2014 IP
  8. manishak2001

manishak2001 Active Member

Best Answers:
    How can you say that the ranking have dropped? Did you check it somewhere? And if your traffic has increased, why bother? That's the good part! More traffic = more money.

manishak2001, Sep 29, 2014 IP
  9. Siservices

Siservices Active Member

Best Answers:
    Do you really want to know it? Have you heard about checking your rankings in SERPs?

Siservices, Sep 29, 2014 IP
  10. Manmohan Singh

Manmohan Singh Member

Best Answers:
    W
    Well, As i said, Google panda is rolling out from last week, some of the websites increased in their traffic but not in ranking. some of the websites increased their ranking but not increases in the traffic. This is all due to panda which is still rolling out, fluctuation will be there. Once it will not indexed all the database. so we need to wait for that once it complete his rolling out. it can also be happen that Sisservices can get their ranking back.

Manmohan Singh, Sep 29, 2014 IP
  11. seo.143

seo.143 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi

Panda is rolling frequently.You need to be very cautious with non spammed and genuine work.Traffic increase due to fresh content but rank dropped due to 2 factors
    Either your work was not good in sense of optimization
    Your competitors have done better work then you.

Send me details may be i can help out

seo.143, Sep 30, 2014 IP
    eric_wahlberg and Female1 like this.
  12. MilesWeb

MilesWeb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I would say that if you are preparing content, it has to be the best, it has to be distinct and different; otherwise nobody will pay attention to it. If you are posting content on regular topics and sharing it on the social networking and social bookmarking websites, then that is not going to help because no one will feel the need to click on it to read it.

MilesWeb, Sep 30, 2014 IP
  13. seo.143

seo.143 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes Content has always been the King.A well directed and informative content always puts a hold to users eyes to stand by and read it.People do like,share and bookmark even for reference.

seo.143, Oct 1, 2014 IP
  14. paullopez

paullopez Active Member

Best Answers:
    Rank checking is absolutely pointless, because what you see for search is not what others see. So probably your rankings aren’t dropped. As suggested in one response, check which traffic source is increasing (organic, referral or direct), if your organic traffic is dropping then focus more on content; try to offer information that your competitors still missing.

paullopez, Oct 1, 2014 IP