1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Should I self-code for the chat window on webisite?

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by SuperBillionaire, Sep 28, 2014.

Hi guys,

I am setting up a sales website by myself. I have referred to other websites and the trend is using livechat softwares. Should I continue to self-code for the interactive window with customers to save cost?

Waiting for valuable shares!

SuperBillionaire, Sep 28, 2014 IP
  2. jitendraag

jitendraag Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Most livechat softwares have a free tier that would work nicely for 1 or 2 agents.

In general, build vs. buy question is a no-brainer for livechat software for most businesses. ZopIM, Comm1000 and others are rather cheap nowadays.

jitendraag, Sep 28, 2014 IP
  3. Andy Lippis

Andy Lippis Member

Best Answers:
    If you can code one up and its good you could sell it to people but livechat software don't cost that much and saves you time if you just buy it. I have no clue on how long it would take to create a functioning live chat system for your website but if you have the knowledge at least you can make it the way you want to it to look and feel and any particular functional needs.

Andy Lippis, Sep 28, 2014 IP
    jitendraag likes this.
  4. Jessica1204

Jessica1204 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If you can code I think this is an advantage, but not naturally a lot of sites are turning to the use of the software is available. Are you sure you have function like them or more?
    Specialization can be a good trend in this issue!

Jessica1204, Sep 29, 2014 IP
  5. Megan Madison

Megan Madison Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I agree with @jitendraag . The using livechat software does not spend too much cost , but also save your time . Many more livechat software has preferential package on the scale of agent or over the term you want to use .

Megan Madison, Oct 3, 2014 IP
  6. SuperBillionaire

SuperBillionaire Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Wow. As you say, my website is fairly smal, it will make less costly. Can you recommend me some live chat which the best is?

SuperBillionaire, Oct 6, 2014 IP
  7. Kaisa

Kaisa Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think you should use the livechat software price calculated according to the number of agents.
    I'm using Subiz with fairly cheap price, I recently switched from using free services to standard package. They have pretty good customer support, and can take 30 days trial.
    You can also refer to other well-known software
    It took me a year to get to this choice, hope it useful for you

Kaisa, Oct 11, 2014 IP
  8. Cherry Maya

Cherry Maya Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I also think you should use live chat software, it is cheap and effective.
    There are many famous software for your consideration.
    Subiz I think it is a new chat software?
    Recently, many people are giving positive feedback about them but it have anything else superior to other software?

Cherry Maya, Oct 17, 2014 IP
  9. Sugavanas

Sugavanas Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Just use Zopim.Com, free for 1 staff and enough for a small site. Spend time developing your site :)

Sugavanas, Oct 17, 2014 IP
  10. MrApexy

MrApexy Member

Best Answers:
    Just a thought, if your really worried about the cost, you could always use irc,you can put it on your webpage, i generally have it there just in case people prefer it... You can also set up ZNC so you can catch anything you missed while offline... Probably not what your looking for, but thought i would give it a mention

MrApexy, Oct 17, 2014 IP
  11. cronik

cronik Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Coding your own is more than likely going to be a complete waste of time and energy, as even large companies are using third-party services for live chat features. There are some free ones you can use and simply customize or style to fit your website better, so maybe you should go that route, especially if its just for a small website.

cronik, Oct 19, 2014 IP
  12. gotlivechat

gotlivechat Member

Best Answers:
    If you've got some programming experience, try programming the live chat yourself. That way you can develop the features of it the way it works for your business. There are certainly many choices of live chat providers out there but it's not for everyone.

gotlivechat, Oct 23, 2014 IP
  13. member8200

member8200 Member

Best Answers:
    If you have the skills and knowledge in programming, then that won't be a problem,
    as long as you can build the software based from what you need. :)
    if you want to save time and you have the budget, why not just purchase live chatting software.

member8200, Nov 3, 2014 IP