1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

wordpress theme and wordpress 4.0

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by Andy Lippis, Sep 25, 2014.

I have a wordpress theme i purchased a while ago and i dont think its beeen supported by its aurthor anymore. the wordpress version currently using is 3.9.2 is their any changes in 4.0 that would require the code for the WordPress theme to be changed to so it works smoothly?

Andy Lippis, Sep 25, 2014 IP
  2. Hefaistos

Hefaistos Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I think everything should work without any problems.

Hefaistos, Sep 26, 2014 IP
  3. rajgupta

rajgupta Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    WordPress usually changes very little with regards to theme tags in a core update, that means if the theme is working well with 3.9.2 it should continue to do so with 4.0 as well. That said, we have no idea how the theme have been made, or what functions it uses.

The best option here, is that you create a test site (a duplicate one). Upgrade it to the latest version and see how it goes. If all works out well.. carry out the up-gradation process on the actual site.

REMEMBER TO BACK UP EVERYTHING BEFORE MAKING ANY CHANGES. (I suggest at least 2 backup copies)

rajgupta, Sep 26, 2014 IP
    Andy Lippis likes this.
  4. salmanshafiq

salmanshafiq Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think theme will work fine you can upgrade the wordpress version anytime. But please make sure you got the backup first...

salmanshafiq, Sep 29, 2014 IP
  5. Andy Lippis

Andy Lippis Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the advice guys, I will test it 1st on a test site and if it works ill back up and update my actual site.

Andy Lippis, Sep 29, 2014 IP
  6. Kryex

Kryex Active Member

Best Answers:
    Most themes will work in wordpress 4.0. However, I came across one whose backoffice media library was broken after updating wordpress. Fortunately, the author quickly launched a new update for the theme that fixed that.

Do as you said, a test site. Hopefully, everything goes well! If you need any help, let us know. :)

Kryex, Sep 29, 2014 IP
  7. Saqib Rauf

Saqib Rauf Member

Best Answers:
    I have no issue after updating my sites. Go on after backup.

Saqib Rauf, Oct 1, 2014 IP