1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How come the search results

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by rick j foster, Sep 25, 2014.

hi,

I have a query, when i search this US number 1-855-445-5888 , many results show in search results. I have a question:
    there are many results that have number in search results description when i visit those urls , it is not present in page, neither it is present in source code, nor it has the option of commenting, it is not present in metas and comment in source code as well.

I want to know from where this number is coming, along with a keyword, domain url and number in search description, Help me to resolve this. I am attaching the screenshot of search results for reference.

rick j foster, Sep 25, 2014 IP
  2. patco

patco Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You could try with "". Example:

"1-855-445-5888"

I am not sure what's the number, but there is no reason to have more than a few thousands results...

patco, Sep 25, 2014 IP
  3. rick j foster

rick j foster Member

Best Answers:
    Your point is ok, but that was not my question

rick j foster, Sep 26, 2014 IP
  4. jitendraag

jitendraag Notable Member

Best Answers:
    @Rick: It's possible that search engines are showing some of the results because the strings "1", "855", "445", "5888" may existing on the page.

I have often seen search engine ranking pages for keywords that are ONLY present in anchor text or text surrounding links to that page. -- You can test that yourself by making a new website that doesn't have your name and creating some forum profiles / comments with your name as anchor text and the website as a link.

jitendraag, Sep 26, 2014 IP