1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

HELP!!

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Rahul Pandit, Sep 24, 2014.

How to bring your website on top after going down?

I am working on this website that used to rank on first page but 4-5 months ago all my keyword ranking went down and now are invisible on google SERP.

Any advice on how to get it back up?

FYI the site is not hit by any google penalty

Rahul Pandit, Sep 24, 2014 IP
  2. behnamy

behnamy Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    when did you register your domain? maybe it's google sandbox !

behnamy, Sep 25, 2014 IP
  3. Rahul Pandit

Rahul Pandit Active Member

Best Answers:

I don't think my website is hit by google sandbox. Some keywords are still on the 1st page but major one's have gone down.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2014
    Rahul Pandit, Sep 25, 2014 IP
  4. behnamy

behnamy Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    so it's not google sand box. Your Competitors work better than you :cool:
    write more contents and work more...

behnamy, Sep 25, 2014 IP
    jitendraag likes this.
  5. Rahul Pandit

Best Answers:
    Yes, but what can i do that outrank them? :D Write more content? On my website or for external links? I was thinking about doing content marketing but turns out we don't have budget to do it

6. Rado_ch

Rado_ch Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    1 very important question springs to mind - how do you know that the site wasn't hit by a penalty? Your WebMaster Tools will show a warning only if its a manual penalty that occurred, algo penalties have now warnings. So how did you determine such a big drop is not a result of such? The name of your website will also help so we can see how it looks ;)

Rado_ch, Sep 25, 2014 IP
  7. Rahul Pandit

Best Answers:
    I checked webmaster tool, but there is no warning message. How to determine if a website is hit by algorithm penalty?

8. behnamy

behnamy Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yes write more and more contents on your website, and also learn some white hat SEO Techniques and test them, be sure that you can catch your Competitors easily because of your domain age.

look, if a person of google penalize your site, you see the report in the manual action of your GWT, but when the google penalize your web site automaticly with its algos like Penguin ... etc, you wont be notified in the manual action of the GWT in almost all cases, so you must pey attention yourself to dropness your sites rank in SERP and queries in GWT, and even know about new google algos to find out your web site is penalize by those algos or not

behnamy, Sep 25, 2014 IP
  9. Rado_ch

Best Answers:
    There is no straightforward answer to that. There are various algorithms so you have to check both your content and links in order to be sure. Best is to do a thorough research of what happened around the time you lost the backlinks. What did you do around that time - did you add many new links or any links in particular? Have you added some new content or you haven't that in a long time?...well, there are plenty more questions to be answered. It does sound like a Penguin penalty but no one can tell you for sure (at least without your website name they won't)

Rado_ch, Sep 25, 2014 IP
  10. Himalayan

Himalayan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Possibility of not getting ranking on that particular keyword can be from both the aspects either through on-page or off page so you need to work on both the parameters.

Himalayan, Sep 25, 2014 IP
  11. Rahul Pandit

Best Answers:
    I think the on site of my website is fine to my knowledge, the problem is with off page I guess.

I did competitor analysis and found that they mostly do content marketing, but as mentioned earlier in the post we cannot do that because of budget issue. Is there anything else i can do to outrank them?

The site name is BOGOLF.IN

12. jitendraag

jitendraag Notable Member

Best Answers:
    @rahul: There are a LOT of things that could be done with this niche. You already said that you don't have a big budget, but can I assume that you are in a position to give 'time' to this activity?

You can invite bloggers to test out this facility and write a review. You can write many great articles around the topic (P.G. Wodehouse wrote many fiction books around Golf - use his quotes).

jitendraag, Sep 25, 2014 IP
    Rado_ch likes this.
  13. Rahul Pandit

Best Answers:
    Nice idea! Thanks

Now that social signals are part of google ranking factors, I invested some money in facebook PPC to promote my brand.

14. maddenitrous

maddenitrous Member

Best Answers:
    Your ranking lose could be due the latest panda update which is currently being rolled.

maddenitrous, Sep 26, 2014 IP
  15. Rahul Pandit

Best Answers:
    My rankings went down 4 months ago and the latest panda update is rolling from last week so there is no connection between my website ranking and the latest google update

Rahul Pandit, Sep 26, 2014 IP
  16. seotank

seotank Banned

Best Answers:
    from past few months there are huge changes made by Google.com. There were many legitimate website that gone done for keywords they were ranking at rank one. Its not that you stopped working.. Its about Google new algorithum. Please work on social media as this is much favored by Google.com now...

seotank, Sep 26, 2014 IP
  17. Rahul Pandit

Best Answers:
    I am working on social media, daily updating facebook, twitter and google plus account with quality posts. Recently, I did invest in facebook PPC to increase my brand popularity!

Rahul Pandit, Sep 27, 2014 IP
  18. Rado_ch

Best Answers:
    That is the thing - why would you need a big budget to produce content? You can spend some time every day and write about interesting stuff going around in that niche, useful golfing tips, some amusing facts etc. You can turn this into some valuable content without spending a dime. And even more, later in the thread you mentioned you dived in FB PPC - I have to tell you that for starters with those tools you will be spending much more money in vain than if you invest in quality content. ;)

Rado_ch, Sep 28, 2014 IP
  19. eric_wahlberg

eric_wahlberg Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    I agree with Rado, Facebook attracts much more traffic to any other site, promoting your site on FB, Twitter can really help you get a client for your service. Just keep writing interesting stuff.

eric_wahlberg, Sep 29, 2014 IP
  20. Shortest

Shortest Peon

Best Answers:
    First of all, try not to panic
    Second, check if you were not hit by new panda
    Third, Work your way back up, making better content and avoiding spammy links :)

Shortest, Sep 29, 2014 IP