1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Buying Write content and earn money + rewards

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by MarcL, Sep 24, 2014.

Hi,

I am looking for writers for http://opinionpost.com

We offer great rewards (opinionpost.com/rewards.php) and can also offer a revenue sharing model OR $0.6 per 100 words. Sign up, login and click on Post an Article in the top right corner to see how easy it is to post!

Articles can be about anything but you must include a thumbnail, meta desc (can copy and paste the first 2 sentences from your article), and meta keywords.

If you need topics to write about just let me know :)

Copyspace is used.

Payment via Paxum, Paypal or Bitcoin.

Let me know if you have any questions!

MarcL, Sep 24, 2014 IP
  2. coreygeer

coreygeer Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    As Seller:
    100% - 1
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    What exactly happened to this section that the new preferred payment seems to be .50c per 100 words?

Just when you thought $1.00 per 100 words was humiliating to write for, all the threads now days want content for (usually) .50c per 100 words. At this point, content mills are offering more for less hassle. When did respect for this industry die?

coreygeer, Sep 24, 2014 IP
  3. www_HypeFree_com

www_HypeFree_com Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    That seems to be the trend pushing pay down, everyone is doing it, and it's the destruction of the economy, temporary gain for them in the short term but destruction in the long term.

www_HypeFree_com, Sep 24, 2014 IP
    ViolentAJ likes this.
  4. ifeanyi egede

ifeanyi egede Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Yeah. Its really so sad that people have the nerve to price one's efforts for less than peanuts! Really annoying

ifeanyi egede, Sep 24, 2014 IP
  5. ViolentAJ

ViolentAJ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I could understand if you are hiring on a trial basis, or hiring writers from India, China, etc. (no offense to anyone from these countries) where money goes further and English is not the native language, but I see people asking for 100% unique articles, thoroughly researched, without errors, and by native English speakers for $1.00 per 500 words. This is ridiculous, and I refuse to write for anything under $1.00 per 100 words. no wonder I have been hard-pressed to find gigs on here.

ViolentAJ, Sep 24, 2014 IP
    matt_62 likes this.
  6. ifeanyi egede

ifeanyi egede Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    @ViolentAJ Me too. Getting gigs here is increasing becoming difficult no thanks to some peeps that would jump at anything on offer. *hisses*

ifeanyi egede, Sep 24, 2014 IP
  7. MarcL

MarcL Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 1
    As Buyer:
    100% - 3
    You dont have to write. We offer rewards on the website (opinionpost.com/rewards.php) on top of either monetary compensation for writing, or, even offering revshare for the ads on your article page.

Its funny how life is full of options. Go complain somewhere else.

Also if you cant read, you cant write haha.. in the original post I didn't say $0.50 per 100 words :p

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 24, 2014
    MarcL, Sep 24, 2014 IP
  8. TextServices

TextServices Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Seriously? Someone would have to spend a lot of time on the site in order to take advantage of the rewards being offered for the amount of points needed to claim a reward. If someone chooses to write, the person is offered 10 points for a 200 word article. The person would have to write a hell of a lot of 200 word "articles" to cash in on even a small reward like the $25 Amazon gift card. Even when you combine the 1, 2, 3, and 5 point options with the 10 points / 200 words, it's still not a good deal. Then there is the option of revenue sharing on ads. Sounds good until you factor in that the site needs a lot of traffic to actually make the revenue sharing option a consideration.

Your site is still in the early stages. (According to the stats at the bottom of the home page.) The numbers just aren't there yet. So, you are really asking people to supply content to your site, which will enable you to further grow the site and those that do, are basically writing for practically nothing for an extended period of time simply because your numbers aren't there yet to make the rewards system and/or ad revenue sharing attractive offers.

Content is the backbone of your site. Without it, lots of it for that matter, activity will move at a snails pace. Those that supply the content, won't be too eager to keep supplying it at the rate and incentives you are currently offering. You are going to have to bite the bullet and pay more, at the very least, bump it up to $1.00/100 words to build-up your content database to attract more people and increase activity. Once you build those numbers up and the site is busier than a New York City subway at 5PM Friday rush hour, then the rate/200 words, reward system, and ad revenue sharing options you are currently offering become much more attractive than they currently are.

The writers, the content suppliers, are only one part of the system. How long do you think users are going to keep returning to the site, doing misc things to collect points, and will be willing to collect points for referring others, if it takes them too long to collect enough points to cash in due to not having enough content on the site, enough activity, to keep them busy? You need content for people to comment on, which in turn, prompts actual discussions, which further keeps people busy and racking up points...

So yeah... instead of telling people to "go complain somewhere else", you might actually consider what some people are trying to say in that you should, at the very least, consider increasing your rate / 200 words. You came here looking for people to supply your site with content that is vital to the success of the site. You might actually want to place a little more value on the service that you are asking people to provide for you. It's not like people were suggesting you pay $5 - $10 or more per 200 words. Many people would consider $2 / 200 words, which is an extremely good deal for you considering your site will be dead in the water without a huge database of content.

TextServices, Sep 24, 2014 IP
  9. MarcL

MarcL Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 1
    As Buyer:
    100% - 3
    I'm not taking the time to read all of this.. but you could have made money writing instead of complaining lmao.. at least gotta be $3-4 worth of writing there.

MarcL, Sep 24, 2014 IP
  10. TextServices

TextServices Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Nice attitude. You are looking for people to join your site, supply you with much needed content, and this is how you respond. Well. Your actions speak volumes. Good luck to you.

TextServices, Sep 24, 2014 IP
  11. MarcL

MarcL Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 1
    As Buyer:
    100% - 3
    I'm just making a point.. that you wasted your time writing all that when you could have wrote for money. No attitude, I'm just setting a price and everyone is complaining.. I did lock someone in to do it for $0.6 per 100 words by the way.

MarcL, Sep 24, 2014 IP
  12. mnb1

mnb1 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    When i asked OP to pay me PP instead of rewards, He told me its not possible.

mnb1, Sep 24, 2014 IP
    write.subhajit and ViolentAJ like this.
  13. MarcL

MarcL Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 1
    As Buyer:
    100% - 3
    Yes, if you go to http://opinionpost.com/rewards.php you can see the rewards we offer for being active on our website. There is no monetary option there. While this thread has nothing to do with that, but hiring people to write. Although if you write for opinionpost at a rate we agree on, I am still allowing you to use the reward points you earn.

MarcL, Sep 24, 2014 IP
  14. coreygeer

coreygeer Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    As Seller:
    100% - 1
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    That's what I'm talking about. The very fact that you priced all of that at $3-4 is exactly what I'm talking about.

No one in this thread was doubting your ability to find someone who would be willing to do it. You tell us "don't complain if you don't like it".

Well, don't complain to us when the writers you find for the price never deliver content, deliver spun content or deliver articles that need completely re-written to be read by English users.

coreygeer, Sep 24, 2014 IP
  15. MarcL

MarcL Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 1
    As Buyer:
    100% - 3
    Lol look it up. $0.6/100 = $0.006 per word. Now that long ramble about god knows what is 559 words. $0.006*559 = $3.354. Simple math here folks.

I would rather take 30 seconds to proof read and edit it then have to pay roughly double. To each his own! Get that chip off of your shoulder bro, it will help you in the long run.

MarcL, Sep 24, 2014 IP
  16. ViolentAJ

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I'll humor you. Do you pay via PayPal, and would you pay immediately upon the submission of an article? I might have something to write up. Oh, and is one forced to join your site through social media?

17. MarcL

MarcL Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 1
    As Buyer:
    100% - 3
    Yeah I can pay paypal, paxum or bitcoin. And yes just hit me up once you write it and I can send the payment.

MarcL, Sep 24, 2014 IP
  18. matt_62

matt_62 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 1
    Guys, not every thread needs to be turned into a war on rates.

@op, my concerns for you is that you might end up flooded with low quality articles, (and possibly only low quality articles).
    For example, check out this kuality article snippet:

"Microwave generates special microwave (MW), which is carried out by means of heat treatment of various products. Under the influence of microwaves water molecules, which are found in food, heating and warming themselves the surrounding area, the finished product inside." -> fire whoever submitted that article. This is written by a spinner, no human would write in such a tragic way. Seriously, I could not even read the rest of that article, and no way will I browse the rest of your site.

The only writer I use now (when I need something) charges around $50 for a small article, which works out well for me.
    I really think you should re-read textservices comments. I disagree though at his comments of finding a quality writer at $2 per 100, but it *might* be possible, and odds are, it will be better then what you have now.

OP, realistically you might need to re-consider your business plan. I just dont see how you will earn enough to pay for quality content, and paying for low quality wont attract and keep readers. You could lose thousands by hiring hundreds of writers, but if someone loses 50cents, OMFG, they will be calling for your blood.

In many cases, the website owner earns zero for their efforts, which is less then peanuts.... so take this into consideration when making comments.
    Even if the OP is making a mistake by hiring people, there is no guarantee he will make money at all. Not only that, but while the writers are guaranteed to expect a pay check, the op has to invest and risk thousands that he might never see again. Based on this site, even at $0.60; I would rather be the writer then the owner....
    You are more then welcome to get a personal loan, (about $10k should do it for 1000 articles, approx 500 words @ $2 per 100 words) and start a similar website. You wont succeed and will lose all your money, but hey, you will have fun with 100's of writers complaining your rate for $2 per 100 is too low.

@op, regarding revenueshare, dont use adsense for this, use another platform.... users might decide to try to help you to increase the revenue by clicking on ads. Even 1 fake click from each member per month can kill your adsense account.

matt_62, Sep 24, 2014 IP
    sarahk and MarcL like this.
  19. ViolentAJ

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Alright. The two articles have been sent. Hit me up once payment has been sent. Cheers.

20. MarcL

MarcL Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 1
    As Buyer:
    100% - 3
    Ok I will read them and copyscape check them then send the payment.

MarcL, Sep 24, 2014 IP