1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

SEO in magento duplicate URL

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by aleale, Sep 21, 2014.

I am confusd how to resolve the problem. i have a magento website and when i see the HTML improvement in my webmaster tool it shows duplicate meta tags for various pages all these pages are from category and product listing. The URL is look like:

www.example.com/category/abc.html

i just want

www.example.com/abc.html

to resolve the content duplication issue. Please let me know how can it possible so my pages can crowed as original in Search engines.

aleale, Sep 21, 2014 IP
  2. jopsons

jopsons Active Member

Best Answers:
    There is a option in magento to remove category in url. You must activate it, after that the page page must redirect to main page or the category page must be canonical url. Hope this information can help you.

Go to the Magento Admin Panel -> System -> Configuration -> Catalog -> Seo Options

jopsons, Sep 22, 2014 IP
  3. ParadigmAU

ParadigmAU Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Aleale can't you configure Magento to automatically generate a 301 redirect in those instances? That would prevent the potential duplicate content.

ParadigmAU, Sep 22, 2014 IP
  4. RAVI CHAUDHARY

RAVI CHAUDHARY Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I am confusd how to resolve the problem. i have a magento website and when i see the HTML improvement in my webmaster tool it shows duplicate meta tags for various pages all these pages are from category and product listing. The URL is look like:

RAVI CHAUDHARY, Sep 22, 2014 IP