1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The importance of Google+ in SERPs/SEO

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Mr.Dog, Sep 21, 2014.

Hi,

My question will be to those who intensely used Google+ and have felt some sort of positive effect on SERPs, in SEO...

I've been using Facebook and Twitter channels (for SMM), I am using AddThis SM bookmarking tools.
    But I haven't used Google+ at all. Never had an account.

Am I missing out on something big by not using Google+?

Google+ is supposed to help in improving the Google SERPs as well - according to others.
    It might improve Google's trust etc. etc. and then help in the SERPs.

If you're using it, has it helped you?

Mr.Dog, Sep 21, 2014 IP
  2. jopsons

jopsons Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, ofcourse you must include google+ in your soical activities. It gives good boost to increase organic visits. I have done a test on this, I got good results bcoz of google+, I did same test on facebook also, but its doesn't work much. Social signals always important to get it on first page.

jopsons, Sep 22, 2014 IP
  3. ParadigmAU

ParadigmAU Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Absolutely Google+ is a massive social signal and I am certain it is a factor in their algorithm. It is also the hardest to generate traction with. Unlike Facebook and Twitter where you can buy a bunch of likes to help you get to critical mass. I really wouldn't recommend trying this with Google+.

For an example try entering "Search Engine Land" into Google. See where their Google+ entry is relative to the other page one results. Interestingly their various social accounts completely dominate the page which I think perfectly illustrates the importance of social.

ParadigmAU, Sep 22, 2014 IP
  4. Mr.Dog

Mr.Dog Active Member

Best Answers:
    I am only using Add This' buttons, which includes Google Plus. But I am just setting up a Google Plus account.

I wonder what difference is between the two - in terms of influence on organic search.

Mr.Dog, Sep 23, 2014 IP
  5. ParadigmAU

ParadigmAU Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    When comparing a Google+ account with a Facebook/Twitter account with similar amounts of followers then Google+ will be considered more authoritative in terms of organic search. Its Google after all, they want Google+ to be the most authorative social signal.

ParadigmAU, Sep 23, 2014 IP
  6. Alex Steven

Alex Steven Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Read this - Google+ & SEO: How Google+ Impacts Search Results - http://searchenginewatch.com/article/2307518/Google-SEO-How-Google-Impacts-Search-Results

Alex Steven, Sep 23, 2014 IP
    Mr.Dog likes this.
  7. blogdum

blogdum Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There are minor chances of getting serp with g+. It is used for social media marketing and improving fans bases.
    If g+ really helps in improving ranking then everyone would do the same.

blogdum, Sep 23, 2014 IP
  8. rankwatch.com

rankwatch.com Active Member

Best Answers:
    You should definitely include Google+ in your marketing strategy. It is very important for ranking and SEO point of view (+1s)

rankwatch.com, Sep 24, 2014 IP
  9. KylieSweet

KylieSweet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Google + has nothing to do with the search engine rankings :eek: but for the traffic purposes it will do ;)
    For those who are considering Google+ affects rankings kindly prove it by not referring any other resources except official statement of Google that saying Google+ is part of their ranking algorithm :D

KylieSweet, Sep 24, 2014 IP