1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Just a question.

Discussion in 'General Business' started by MujtabaK, Sep 19, 2014.

Hello friends,

I had been working on websites and apps for few years now. I sell the websites and apps once they hit $4000 - $5000 USD milestone per month organically for $XX,XXX.XX USD.

By profession I am a software developer and SEO Expert but I am confused whether to take projects and build career ( that would be more like a job ) or continue doing what I was doing for past few years for myself and for my clients?

I do have a big portfolio. What would you suggest? Personal projects or site revenue development and flipping business?

-Thanks.

MujtabaK, Sep 19, 2014 IP
  2. Krellen

Krellen Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Sounds like you're doing great! Do what you enjoy, especially if it pays the bills! Good luck.

Krellen, Sep 19, 2014 IP
  3. TheDataPlanet.com

TheDataPlanet.com Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You are doing great as an individual. I'd say you take it to the next step that is to build up your own team and develop things that are even bigger and better.

TheDataPlanet.com, Sep 20, 2014 IP
  4. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Are you doing well with your current approach (i.e., are you happy with the income you are making, the lifestyle it provides, etc.?) If so, you should stick with it and look to slowly expand by bringing in help (freelance, etc.) that will amplify your own efforts and increase your potential for projects/revenues. Just do it slowly and carefully so that you do not overextend yourself.

On the other hand, if you have been at it for a while and do not see it ever becoming what you need or want, then you could consider "getting a job." It really depends on how happy you are and how well things are working for you, right now.

jrbiz, Sep 20, 2014 IP
  5. MujtabaK

MujtabaK Active Member

Best Answers:
    It is paying me more than enough money i.e $500k+ every year but I am little confused about future as this might not work for the next 10-15 years. Should I build my career and get experience by working on development projects?

I am thinking to provide revenue development ( same work ) I do for myself to make money to clients and build portfolio? How that sounds? I do have a big portfolio and successful past projects.

MujtabaK, Sep 20, 2014 IP
  6. DinoJRG

DinoJRG Member

Best Answers:
    If you are making $500K per year then you are not going to get any advice from anyone around here who even has close to the experience or "Luck" you do. You are also rubbing your revenue in the faces of poor people trying to make it. Thanks for that.

I might actually degrade myself enough to ask "YOU" for advice or even a handout!

Anyway, you probably know better but if I were you then I would hold onto one or two of these $5K per month sites as a backup and just keep doing the reselling thing with others. It's always good to have a backup.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2014
    DinoJRG, Sep 20, 2014 IP
  7. ЄxDeus™

ЄxDeus™ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    link your portfolio ?

ЄxDeus™, Sep 20, 2014 IP
  8. MujtabaK

MujtabaK Active Member

Best Answers:

Thanks a lot mate, I do make 6 sites per year where I sell 4 sites and keep 2 sites each year that making me $3-4k per month. I was just confused so decided to ask people of what they'd do. I've turned 22 last week and little worried about the future.

9. MujtabaK

MujtabaK Active Member

Best Answers:
    Link my portfolio where? Or you meant link of my portfolio?

I don't have work listed anywhere. I am thinking to let clients see my sites, my work and past transactions via skype screen share.

10. Ted Hive

Ted Hive Member

Best Answers:
    You should do what you did before but with new way. You should be much lazy and creative. You should be lazy in doing same thing in day after day. So, you should use automatic system or hire someone to do these boring jobs. You should be lazy in doing the job which you already know well. So, you should use automatic system or hire someone to do them for you. You should be much creative in using automatic system and in hiring people.

Ted Hive, Sep 20, 2014 IP
  11. DinoJRG

DinoJRG Member

Best Answers:
    No need to worry you have made more in 6 months than I have in the last 8yrs. Just save your money a bit.

DinoJRG, Sep 20, 2014 IP
  12. MujtabaK

MujtabaK Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks a lot pal. You are really nice. Buzz me up if you need me anywhere.