1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Why Choose Google and Google Shopping to Advertise your Product Inventory?

Discussion in 'Google AdWords' started by Anthony Capetola, Sep 4, 2014.

Glad to be part of the community! Hope to impart some important information, Google updates and How-To Guides revolving around Google Shopping. Always ask me questions if you have them!

No entity has grown online shopping more than search engine giant Google. Even so, search marketers and online store owners face a veritable enclave of hoops and hurdles to jump through before their advertising efforts can be considered “profitable.” Now that Google has begun to retire Product Listing Ads in favor of the new “Shopping Campaigns” format, it has become even more crucial for advertisers and store owners to ensure profitability through optimizing Google Shopping Campaigns. Why choose Google and Google Shopping to advertise your product Inventory? Here are some quick facts to help you make that decision:

If you own an online business and sell products on any of the major E-Commerce platforms such as 3dcart or Magento chances are you are already doing or would like to do some form of advertising. With billions of unique searches every day, the internet has become the most powerful channel to promote information on anything from bicycles to aeronautics. Keeping that in mind, take some time to imagine how many people are now able to stay eternally connected to the online world via mobile devices such as cell phones and tablets. The evolution of the internet has directly affected the way consumers search for and purchase products of all types. In the United States alone the apparel and accessories revenue from ecommerce sales accounts for nearly $45 billion (Source: Statista).

2013 reportedly showed that Google had over one billion products being promoted. According to the most recent online market analysis by comScore Google sites controlled over 65% of the search market.

The United States, according to the most recent census report, has a population of over 3.18 million people.

· Nearly 2% of that population are between the ages of 18 and 65.

· Using that as an example “target audience” chances are that over 40 million people not only have access to the internet but are most likely actively searching for consumer products online through Google in the United States alone.

Google’s search and advertising network is available in over 20 countries worldwide including The United Kingdom and India. Business owners should recognize the enormous potential Google offers when choosing how to market and advertise their business and products. That doesn’t mean that it’s not without its difficulties. Advertising with Google requires explicit attention and ongoing maintenance on the most granular level to genuinely improve conversions and increase sales figures.

Anthony Capetola, Sep 4, 2014 IP
  2. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Welcome aboard, @Anthony Capetola! Do you have any comments on differences regarding this marketing tactic between B2C and B2B efforts? I specifically do not want a general consumer trying to buy an Ethernet cable from me. I want the manager of a data center to buy hundreds or preferably thousands of cables from me in a single order. That's why, even though I was an eBay Powerseller with 20,000+ customers, I stopped selling on it cold. It was too many onesie-twosie buyers versus the rare corporate buyer. My concern is that Google shopping would be no different?

BTW, you may have put in a typo in your first bullet on the U.S. market. I am pretty sure that more than 2% of the population is between 18 and 65 years old.;)

jrbiz, Sep 13, 2014 IP
  3. Anthony Capetola

Anthony Capetola Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Well the question you'd have to ask here is whether or not your business has an "advertising budget" because Google Shopping is all about AdWords. Though it is harder to get the larger corporate buys (regardless of selling/advertising platform) as long as prices are competitive and your site is capable of listing products on Google Shopping then its something that you may want to consider.

If you were to test Google Shopping for at least a month and saw profitable conversions then it is simply a matter of ongoing optimization and being very "choose-y" about which products are selling for profit and which are losing you money. If you've never done AdWords campaigns then there are also Text Ads which represent a great way to educate the market on your business or product.

The difficulty is that I cannot judge a campaign before I test it. We have clients that have seen tremendous success (one client with a single product increased profitable sales by 8000%) with Google Shopping. It is really about testing to see if it works for your business. Any search marketing campaign requires at least 90-120 days of run time to gather enough data to either prove its worth or prove its inability for a business model.

Anthony Capetola, Sep 15, 2014 IP