1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Why do you like DigitalPoint?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by bmc2009, Aug 16, 2014.

?

What is your primary reason for using and liking DigitalPoint?

1. Discussing tech/general topics with other members, making friends, and I love the sense of community

100.0%
  2. I am just here to SELL items in the Buy/Sell/Trade forums

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I am just here to BUY items in the Buy/Sell/Trade forums

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
    We all have different reasons for why we use and like DigitalPoint, whether it be to discuss technology or general topics amongst other members, to make some friends and enjoy the sense of community, or to buy and/or sell items in the Buy/Sell/Trade forums to spend/make some money.

What is your primary reason for using and liking DigitalPoint?
    Note: the keyword for this poll question is primary reason, which is why I have not allowed the selection of multiple responses.

For me, it's the sense of community. I'm not here to make a quick buck like it seems a lot of people are. I'm here to share common interests in both technology and general topics with others, and perhaps make some friends along the way. :)

bmc2009, Aug 16, 2014 IP
  2. Jameyson MacDonald

Jameyson MacDonald Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It's a forum to share ideas and interact with others who share my interest.

Jameyson MacDonald, Aug 16, 2014 IP
    jrbiz and qwikad.com like this.
  3. MarcL

MarcL Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The buy, sell trade forums are kinda spammy here now and with NO iTrader. The BST section is why I originally signed up, now its for the community and to throw ideas around at other webmasters.. promote, etc..

MarcL, Aug 16, 2014 IP
  4. Derek.Res

Derek.Res Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    The wealth of information found by using the 'Search' box when questions pop in my head and the active community of users to learn from and share with.
    I hope to get enough likes to also participate in the market place!

Derek.Res, Aug 16, 2014 IP
  5. Content Maestro

Content Maestro Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I came to DP initially just to check if I could make some good money and clients through BST and marketplace, but that really didn't kick off as expected.
    However, I started finding the forum discussions quite useful. There's a lot of food for thought here. I opened some threads myself and the response was very good. Eventually, I found myself coming to DP more to learn than to earn. The inputs some have given here opened me to new avenues of monetizing my skills, some of which I didn't even knew existed.
    Interacting with other writers/internet marketers is not only very informative, but also productive and a great deal of fun. I have to say, throughout my stay on DP (though it has been till now for only about 9 months), I have learned some things I honestly feel I would have NEVER learned anywhere else. The best part is when someone shares something genuinely out of his/her experience, it's far more enlightening than reading hundreds of how-to articles and ebooks that just rip you off your money.

Needless to say, I am for the first option in your poll. All the same, I do hope the marketplace/BST here gets a lot better someday which will make DP a one-stop shop for all my career needs.
    Good luck.

Content Maestro, Aug 17, 2014 IP
    Jameyson MacDonald, bmc2009 and jrbiz like this.
  6. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I originally joined, way back when, because I wanted to be able to buy logo's, web designs, etc., in the Contest section due to the great prices. However, as I participated in the various sections, I realized that not only are there a lot of smart, experienced people who are willing to share with others, but there is also an energy and enthusiasm and a wide variety of new ideas (not all are good, but some are) from all over the world that enrich me on a regular basis. I view my time on DP mostly as a way to stir the creative juices, occasionally help someone, and to engage with a few regulars who can make me think, laugh, or consider a new perspective. When I have few free minutes, this is the first place I visit.

jrbiz, Aug 17, 2014 IP
  7. cblanke

cblanke Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Just like most i came here way back when to see if i could promote my sites and make money. Never really worked but i came back as i like the conversations from members from everywhere and also to learn as there is a lot of great boards and great information to learn from.

cblanke, Aug 17, 2014 IP
  8. sagafakir

sagafakir Member

Best Answers:
    I am more of a reserved and shy in real person. I find it hard to start or interact with ppl in real face to face moments. But I love forums. Here it gives me time to understand the questions and I feel more open to think and write the reply back. DP is active forum with lots of fellas around the world and yea I m finding it fun. I also love members sharing their vast experienced riched knowledge. It is fun to read than reading pdfs or ebooks. It's like you are chatting with friends and confusion arised is almost instantly solved by helpful members with instant reply. That community feeling is priceless.. So my vote goes for 1.
    lastly by actively participating, I think I am improving my writing skills :D

sagafakir, Aug 17, 2014 IP
  9. ceebee

ceebee Active Member

Best Answers:
    I am still looking for the benefit. :)

ceebee, Aug 18, 2014 IP
  10. rozerr

rozerr Active Member

Best Answers:
    I came here with an SEO question to find some good answers as i have heard about DP from my manager and TL a lot. Truly i didn't got the right answer but i really found many informative threads related to SEO and Online Marketing here. After sometimes, i broke up with my GF and i really find DP and Quora very helpful to make myself busy. So, here i am and love this community so much.

rozerr, Aug 19, 2014 IP
  11. Content Maestro

Best Answers:
    Interesting to know DP can also help to fill the void a breakup with your GF causes.:) Now I am not so much worried about her leaving me.;)

Content Maestro, Aug 19, 2014 IP
  12. quiz

quiz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I joined DP to gather and share SEO / Internet Marketing knowledge since it's something I do in my spare time. Bought some small stuff as well but it's not the reason why I am on DP.

quiz, Aug 20, 2014 IP
  13. janinaherz

janinaherz Active Member

Best Answers:
    I believe,
    It's one stop information shop available to everyone, particularly the one who is genuinely interested in sharing information related to Technology and other common subjects.
    Plus Buy and Sell trade forum is an added advantage.

janinaherz, Aug 21, 2014 IP
  14. BeachMaster

BeachMaster Active Member

Best Answers:
    It's not useless info. Imagine if FB had restrictions and boundaries set up to promote usefull informtion not just randomn stuff that nobody cares about. I think FB would have less users but it would be more attractive to me.

BeachMaster, Sep 13, 2014 IP
  15. Content Maestro

Best Answers:
    What's not useless info?:confused:
    Your point is right but what has all of it gotta do with what you like about DP?:confused:

Either I didn't get what you are trying to say and how is it connected with the topic being discussed or you have mistaken DP for FB. Still wondering ....

Content Maestro, Sep 13, 2014 IP
  16. BeachMaster

BeachMaster Active Member

Best Answers:
    What I'm saying is that I like that DP has the restrictions that it has. That's what I like about it. Because of those restrictions you get more useful info, more thoughtful comments, meaningful likes, etc.

BeachMaster, Sep 13, 2014 IP
  17. Tremble

Tremble Member

Best Answers:
    I came here for discussions. If I wanted ot buy and sell i'd go on fiverr.

Tremble, Sep 13, 2014 IP
  18. Michael Leng

Michael Leng Active Member

Best Answers:
    Why Digitalpoint forum?

One of good knowledge sources from people across the world.
    To increase my blogs traffic from signature links.
    Learn different cultures from one another.
    Share ideas to each other.
    Place for making new friends.
    Pages designed for eye-friendly.
    Easy access for whom subscribe email notification alert.
    More.

Michael Leng, Sep 13, 2014 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  19. Sugavanas

Sugavanas Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I came here to just share my knowledge with others and also get to know new things. Joined last year December. I am also here to buy and sell on market place and one reason I love DP is that it has members who spend their own time checking a site / domain on sale and informing others if its fake :p

Thanks to all of the active members, who spend their time checking for all of us :D and DP also has staffs who remove spam posts often as it is reported. This is priceless :D and can't be found on any other forum.

Also for the forum layout, xenforo is one of the best and they are using it. its easy for me to navigate around the site ;)

thanks @digitalpoint for making one awesome site for us to interact. And also the new marketplace section for articles, I LOVE IT :D

Sugavanas, Sep 13, 2014 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  20. dipal76

dipal76 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This forum is most popular in the world.
    Most of people come here and make new friends day to day.
    Also share views among others.

dipal76, Sep 15, 2014 IP