1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Should I change my domain suffix for better SEO?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by LCpubs, Sep 12, 2014.

In the start of 2013 my blog started to fail. I do not know whether its the result of a SEO problem or because I didn't write much. I received a lot of guest post requests and accepted many. They brought a lot of links which I think might have contributed to the problem. I removed many guest posts from the site. I stopped writing and only wrote a handful of posts for almost an year. Now I want to restart it.

I bought a new domain and moved the site to it. But is it a good move? How to find out whether my old one is bad?

My old domain : techhamlet.com
    the new one : techhamlet.net

LCpubs, Sep 12, 2014 IP
  2. imabigboy

imabigboy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think your techhamlet.com domain is fine. The biggest thing is to figure out what you want to rank for and concentrate more on your on-page SEO.

imabigboy, Sep 13, 2014 IP
  3. LCpubs

LCpubs Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I have already moved to the .net domain and kept it for about 2 months. Is it ok to go back to the old domain or shall I stay with the new one?

LCpubs, Sep 13, 2014 IP
  4. imabigboy

imabigboy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you 301 redirected the .com to .net, I would just leave it the way it is now.

imabigboy, Sep 13, 2014 IP
  5. LCpubs

LCpubs Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Great. Thank you very much. You are the only person who gave me a solid answer!

LCpubs, Sep 13, 2014 IP
  6. George Peirson

George Peirson Active Member

Best Answers:
    For future reference Google does not care what the domain extension is, and they no longer care much about the domain name (sorry Google Snipers). What they really care about is the content, is it authoritative and is it current. My guess is that your biggest problem was lack of consistency. If you get active again then the blog should begin to post better as well.

George Peirson, Sep 13, 2014 IP
  7. LCpubs

LCpubs Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the help :) Now that I have used the new domain for about a month. Is it ok to go back to the old one?

LCpubs, Sep 13, 2014 IP