1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Contest $40 POSTCARD design with very specific instructions -> EASY

Discussion in 'Design Contests' started by blanktorp, Sep 9, 2014.

Hi everyone.
    I would like to have a design for a standard size postcard, 4x6 inches, with both front and back color. Attached to this message please find everything you need, and the template for the postcard for the printing company is here, it is the 4x6 standard size: http://gotprint.net/g/showStaticPage.do?page=download_templates-pc.html

The instructions:

FRONT of Postcard:
    (a) it's supposed to look exactly like the picture provided, of the orange envelope. Please replicate the exact color, which is color code HEX #EB7837.
    (b) for the design, you can use dummy/default text (lorem ipsum).

BACK of Postcard:
    (a) please use only the colors: orange (same as on front of postcard), black, and white.
    (b) the background color should be WHITE
    (c) on that background, in BLACK text, please write: "Never get a parking ticket again. Park with"
    (d) and then after the "with" you complete the sentence with the company logo provided here as well in an attached file
    (e) for the text/font of the text that you write here, please match the font-type with the font that is used in the logo. The font name is "play-regular" or just "play"
    (f) at the bottom, below all of this, create a black STRIPE across, with text in ORANGE color, and say: "Download at waarapp.com" (the actual website URL will be changed later)
    (g) include an Apple app store logo in this same space with the stripe next to this URL text

Please get in touch with any questions. Winner will receive payment via PayPal and potential additional work.

Attached Files:

blanktorp, Sep 9, 2014 IP
    muddy786 likes this.
  2. mvg777

mvg777 Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Is the lighter gray part of the logo? I mean, is there white space between the letter boxes?

mvg777, Sep 9, 2014 IP
  3. mvg777

mvg777 Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

mvg777, Sep 9, 2014 IP
  4. muddy786

muddy786 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    My try hope you like.
    [​IMG]

muddy786, Sep 10, 2014 IP
  5. evodesign

evodesign Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 1
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    [​IMG]

evodesign, Sep 10, 2014 IP
  6. frikusha

frikusha Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    [​IMG]

frikusha, Sep 10, 2014 IP
    mrphotoshop90 likes this.
  7. blanktorp

blanktorp Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Thank you all very much for the submissions so far! :)
    Some comments:

@mvg777: I unfortunately don't understand your question from your first message, but since you already submitted the design maybe an answer is no longer needed and we're set on that... // The front orange side looks great, thanks. As for the back...it's just lacking that feel of creativity. You did include all the elements I asked for, so thanks for that, but it would be nice to see some extra variation to either font sizes or spacing or some shading/gradients etc...

@muddy786: thank you for your time and for participating, but I like the other submissions more.

@evodesign: thank you for the submission, I certainly like the feel of yours. The front orange side is great. The back, similar to my comments for mvg777 above, seems like it's just a bit to plain and it would be great to see some creativity. Maybe even more elements around separated sections or pieces with the first text tag-line up top in bigger font and then the logo and accompanying text a bit more separated, etc (or other ideas you might have). I do like that the logo is large though, and that the black bar is spaced low. But even inside the black bar, the spacing/centering looks a bit strange with the apple store logo spacing.

@frikusha: thank you as well for the design, I have to say that currently I do like yours the most, but it does need some extra changes to really make it ideal. The front orange side is quite good, but please double check the font and spacing on the "Boston" and "Violation" words. On the back side, I actually like very much that you used a different font for the "park with" so as to separate it away from the top tagline/main-sentence. It would be good to see some more separation here too, either with more white spacing between the two different fonts to split them more or separating them in more creative ways somehow (maybe even putting the top line/motto in yet another bar of its own in some way like the bottom 'download' bar?). Also maybe the logo could be a bit bigger.
    Then on the bottom bar, I appreciate your attempt with creativity on separating out the app store icon, but I think it would look better if blended in more with the bar because it feels like it's 'competing' with the logo for a person's eye/attention.

Thanks! Looking forward to seeing more.

blanktorp, Sep 10, 2014 IP
    frikusha likes this.
  8. mvg777

mvg777 Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Thanks for the feedback. I have 3 variations for the white side. The first one uses additional fonts, the 2nd is the same but with Play font only. The 3rd has additional elements to resemble subtly of a parking line.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

mvg777, Sep 10, 2014 IP
  9. frikusha

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    thank you for feedback, revision:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

frikusha, Sep 11, 2014 IP
  10. blanktorp

blanktorp Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Thank you both for the revisions!

@mvg777: thanks for the extra work and trying something new with the back side, but unfortunately this became a bit too cartoon-y for my style and it's no longer the classy type of image that I was hoping to have. But thanks again.

@frikusha: thank you, these are fantastic! I would like to announce you as winner and choose your design with the black back-side :) I really like that one a lot. I will contact you via PM to finalize, and please share with me your PayPal info.

CONTEST CLOSED

blanktorp, Sep 12, 2014 IP
    frikusha likes this.
  11. frikusha

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    payment received and files sent, thank you!

frikusha, Sep 14, 2014 IP
    blanktorp likes this.