1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Why Google is not indexing all the pages of website ?

Discussion in 'Google Sitemaps' started by rahulsetia007, Apr 29, 2014.

Hello,

i have a website having 13000 pages and i have submitted the sitemap.xml to Google webmaster and it shows 13000 URL's as Submitted but only 500 URL's indexed .. but when i checked in google it shows 12000 url indexed.

how it possible ???

Thanks,
    Rahul Setia

rahulsetia007, Apr 29, 2014 IP
  2. holkapolka

holkapolka Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    webmaster tools is not so accurate. Rankings as well are not stats to rely 100% on.

holkapolka, Apr 29, 2014 IP
  3. George Peirson

George Peirson Active Member

Best Answers:
    There are also limits on the time googlebot will spend on a site, based on the sitemap.xml. Interestingly Google will handle separate sitemap.xml files separately so you can get around the timeout problem by breaking up your sitemap into a few smaller sitemaps, maybe one for each major section of your site. You can list multiple sitemaps in Google webmaster tools and they will check through each one separately. You can also make separate sitemaps for images, videos, mobile.

https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/156184?hl=en

George Peirson, Sep 11, 2014 IP
    seo.xpert likes this.
  4. Lannister10

Lannister10 Active Member

Best Answers:
    That was the recent issue that most of the users faced. You can find more info regarding this here -http://www.blindfiveyearold.com/image-sitemap-indexation

Thanks,
    Lannister.

Lannister10, Sep 13, 2014 IP
  5. websitetools

websitetools Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I believe it is more accurate to say the numbers in Google Webmasters tools are how many of the URLs in the sitemap GWT has confirmed is in the search index. Thus the acual count can be higher. You can also check this article about it.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2014
    websitetools, Sep 29, 2014 IP
  6. devandkumar11

devandkumar11 Member

Best Answers:
    In Sitemap, Google Crawl only 5000 Pages. You need to create Multiple Sitemaps for 13000 Pages. Then Submit it into Google Webmaster Tool.

devandkumar11, Oct 14, 2014 IP
  7. leonidus1981

leonidus1981 Banned

Best Answers:
    I suppose it isn't true. If you look at official google webmaster central blog (http://googlewebmastercentral.blogspot.com/2006/10/multiple-sitemaps-in-same-directory.html), you'll find there that the limit is "50,000 URLs (the maximum number for a single Sitemap)".
    To topicstarter: please, visit the link above, I suppose you'll find an answer there.

leonidus1981, Nov 4, 2014 IP
  8. SkyWaltz Labs

SkyWaltz Labs Member

Best Answers:
    The same problem I'm also facing with my website. In Google Webmaster Tools its showing that all the pages have been indexed but in Google SERPs those pages are not indexed.

SkyWaltz Labs, Nov 10, 2014 IP
  9. Web Directory Reviews Org

Web Directory Reviews Org Well-Known Member Premium Member

Best Answers:
    I could be wrong, because this is from personal observation only. Nevertheless, I have several domains and, in my own anecdotal experience, it seems that when I build the site offline, publishing a large site all at once, it takes a long time for Google to index all of its pages, or even a large percentage of them. But when I publish pages as I complete them, so that the domain is online while I add page after page, Google indexes them all as I am adding them. That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it, unless someone yells at me or something.

10. Tutor Pace

Tutor Pace Member

Best Answers:
    As Google says
    So its fine, if its don't crawl all your pages.

Tutor Pace, Nov 19, 2014 IP
  11. gedarnet

gedarnet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Just wait some more time ..

gedarnet, Nov 20, 2014 IP
  12. Soniya Sharma

Soniya Sharma Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    This is a common problem when you submit all pages in webmaster using sitemap.xml then google take more time to index,but if you check like site:example.com then google show all url is index basically google take time to update its sitemap information. So you have to wait, google will show all index pages in webmaster.

Soniya Sharma, Nov 24, 2014 IP