1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Potential to make millions, need some help

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by microload, Aug 30, 2014.

Hey all,

I run a YouTube channel with close to 2 million subscribers. I don't want to delve into too many details for privacy reasons. With that said:

I sell my own products from my channel, and 100% of my traffic is organic. I've never paid for a single ad and I've never used an affiliate. In 2013 I pulled in approximately $1.5 million. The only overhead I have is paying members of my "creative team". All the products are virtual so there is no cost to produce except my time.

My specialty is viral marketing. I know how to create viral content on YouTube. I have a rabid fan base that loves my content. I also created an email list. The current email list size is about 200,000 with a 30% open rate. I don't really have any sort of e-mail "funnel" per say. I do sell my stuff through my e-mail list, but it's definitely not optimized.

I'd like to start delving into the world of paid advertising/affiliates but I have no idea where to begin. I'm a smart businessman and I'd like to think of myself as a good marketer - but the PAID advertising world is a huge mystery to me.

From my limited research it seems as if I need a person or a couple people to manage that side of things with me.

My questions are:
    Where would I even begin to look for someone qualified?
    What are some good resources/books/blogs that I should research before delving into this world?
    Any advice in general?

Thank you so much for taking the time to read this, and any help is appreciated!

microload, Aug 30, 2014 IP
  2. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    So you have a successful YouTube channel which you successfully market and able to successfully generate over 1.5 million dollars by selling virtual products however you have no idea how to spend your marketing dollars?

Sure. So let me assume all of this is true... There are FaceBook Ads, Google Adwords, Video Rollback Ads, etc. Those are a few areas where you can get in to paid advertising. Seems like you are already on the right track.

NetStar, Aug 30, 2014 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  3. microload

microload Peon

Best Answers:
    I understand that. I asked WHERE do I find people to manage the online ad side of things?

microload, Aug 30, 2014 IP
  4. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    In the services section here but personally, I'd be looking for someone in my city - you don't have to work together but things flow better if you can sit down together from time to time.

sarahk, Aug 30, 2014 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  5. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    If you made $1.5MM in 2013, you will likely have been running in some very prosperous and savvy circles both in business and socially. Use that network of contacts to find someone well-recommended to get involved with. At your level of revenues, I would be looking for a well-respected local advertising or marketing agency, not an individual. That will be your best approach to finding quality services. There are a lot of scamsters out there whom you might otherwise find.

jrbiz, Aug 31, 2014 IP
  6. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You are kidding me..right?
    I can't believe you have no idea where to find companies and people to pay to do your advertising unless you are completely clueless about digital marketing and the internet in general..... I mean...you found Digital Point...

NetStar, Aug 31, 2014 IP
  7. microload

microload Peon

Best Answers:
    Holy crap, that's not what I'm saying. I can make/create ads with no problem. I don't need someone to DO my advertising for me. I need someone who will RUN the technical side for me.

microload, Aug 31, 2014 IP
  8. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Didn't you just say:

"I'd like to start delving into the world of paid advertising/affiliates but I have no idea where to begin. I'm a smart businessman and I'd like to think of myself as a good marketer - but the PAID advertising world is a huge mystery to me."

and then asked for us to recommend a book for you..

"What are some good resources/books/blogs that I should research before delving into this world?"

But now you are well informed and only need someone to handle the technical side of your business which you are absolutely clueless yet have no problem with?

By now you should know.....if any of this was true lol

NetStar, Aug 31, 2014 IP
    sarahk and jrbiz like this.
  9. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    If you'd like to find a Google AdWords qualified partner, check out this link: https://www.google.com/partners/

It's virtually guaranteed that there will be no scammers there.

qwikad.com, Aug 31, 2014 IP
  10. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    lol, given the quality of the people who phone us trying to sell their services as a google adwords partner I hope that was tongue in cheek!

sarahk, Aug 31, 2014 IP
  11. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    No it wasn't. I don't know what city he is in, but he can possibly find someone / a company right next to his door.

Also, I don't know why you guys jumped the guns trying to discredit everything the person said. Paid advertising IS a huge mystery. If you've ever tried it you know that it is. It's so easy to blow huge advertising budgets with no ROI if you don't know what you're doing. I thought he had legit questions, but got really crappy responses. But maybe I am missing something.

qwikad.com, Aug 31, 2014 IP
  12. Matei Gavriluta

Matei Gavriluta Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There is always the easy way or hard and long way route. With 1,5 M done hire someone from faculty, 2-4 hours per week. You said you need the technical area help. Teens now days are very smart and probably will be motivated.

Matei Gavriluta, Aug 31, 2014 IP
  13. Ethan Alvin

Ethan Alvin Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Why not outsource it to a digital marketing agency since you're earning in the 5-digit range.

Ethan Alvin, Sep 2, 2014 IP
  14. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    1,500,000 = 7 digits.

NetStar, Sep 2, 2014 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  15. Ethan Alvin

Ethan Alvin Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I factored in overheads. 5-6 digits

Ethan Alvin, Sep 2, 2014 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  16. halille

halille Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i will recommend you follow @qwikad advice, with some important points
    https://www.google.com/partners/

use their content network, and don't follow their advice about how much you must be bidding, usually you can go for 10 times less than their suggestion and you'll receive plenty traffic

but this is a good way to receive free technical help, we used some adwords partners on a couple project,
    and their work was excellent, we just needed to adjust the bids to make it work for us

my 2 cents

halille, Sep 11, 2014 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  17. Maninder Pal Singh

Maninder Pal Singh Member

Best Answers:
    Hey, congrats on having such an amazing YouTube channel. For the online marketers, you can start from Google, you can search on social websites as well. You should be able to differentiate between good or bad marketers by looking at their websites/social profiles. After that, you can do a bit of question answering with them. Google Adwords is a great platform for online advertisers, you can ask for Google certification from the person/firm. Google certification for Adwords is not too difficult to get but you should be at least be intermediate on the platform to get that. For Facebook and Twitter ads, you can look at the previous work they have done. After that look at the pages/accounts they worked for and how much engagement they have. Say a Facebook page with 1000 likes should have at least 50 likes on every post they make. Because if advertising is done right and no fake likes/followers are involved more and more people on the page will be liking, commenting and sharing the page's content.

Good Luck.

Maninder Pal Singh, Sep 11, 2014 IP