1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

HELP: High pageranked back links but low page rank site

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by R&B, Sep 10, 2014.

I have high page ranked backlinks (PR5 to PR8) (for years) but my website ranking is low (PR2). I rank high on intended keywords too 1st and 2nd on google but my page ranking is 2 and has been for years. One thing i suspect is that i do embed my own youtube videos on the site as appose to uploading the videos on my server. Please help

R&B, Sep 10, 2014 IP
  2. Jim4767

Jim4767 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Are those high-PR backlinks "no-follow"? If so, they will not pass a PR boost to your pages.

Jim4767, Sep 10, 2014 IP
  3. kamran210

kamran210 Active Member

Best Answers:
    There are many factors that effect PageRank of the site , Backlinks are just one of them . Google says that PageRank isn't the only factor that effects your ranking on Google Search so you shouldn't worry about PageRank . If your site is getting good ranking on google search results then you don't have to worry about it . The displayed pagerank isn't the actual pagerank and only Google Bot knows the actual pagerank of the site that is used to rank sites in search results along with many other factors.
    That said, The backlinks you are talking about maybe:
    • No Follow
    • Poorly Anchored Text
    • Not related to the content of your site.
    could be many reasons but most likely they are no Follow and don't add up much value in the pagerank . I would suggest you to stop worrying about the pageRank of your site as there are other factors that matter much more than the page rank .
    And as you said your site is ranking well in search results then you don't have anything to worry about.
    Ps: Google hasn't updated PageRank for a Long time .

Cheers.

kamran210, Sep 10, 2014 IP
  4. Elle Holder

Elle Holder Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Along with the answer above...

Are they quality back links? Or from spammed blog posts that have 100's of outbound links? If anything like the second, the link juice is so diluted, it's almost non existent and will do nothing to impact your own PR.

Elle Holder, Sep 10, 2014 IP
    matt_62 likes this.
  5. R&B

R&B Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    All of my back links are legit (no paid or exchanged or etc...). I have unique material on my website that people are sharing and embedding often. I know Wikipedia is a no follow link but it's some sort of indicator that those pages are valued by bigger website. I have back links from Wiki (no follow of course), Reddit, huffingtonpost, and many more. One thing I might add is the same pages are noticed by newbie and low quality websites and are being embedded all the time which I have no way of stopping.

R&B, Sep 10, 2014 IP
  6. Agent000

Agent000 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    When you say you have PR5 to PR8 backlinks; do you mean the links to your site are on PR5 to PR8 pages or are just the home pages of the sites PR5 to PR8?

Agent000, Sep 10, 2014 IP
  7. R&B

R&B Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    O, the home pages mostly i checked.

R&B, Sep 10, 2014 IP
  8. Agent000

Agent000 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    There is your "problem". PR is per page, NOT per site. Your links are NOT on pages that are PR5 to PR8 - they are probably on PR0 pages

Agent000, Sep 10, 2014 IP
    Jim4767 likes this.
  9. R&B

R&B Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Interesting. Thank you!

R&B, Sep 10, 2014 IP
  10. KylieSweet

KylieSweet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Is that all you can say? :confused: No meaning or substance at all :(

Why so many people still relying on do follow links :confused: that the most important part is to have a quality links from related and authority sites whether if it is no follow or do follow. Its always the best signal.

KylieSweet, Sep 11, 2014 IP
  11. Jim4767

Jim4767 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Kylie, neither I nor most of the savvy posters here are "relying on dofollow links." I'm just answering the OP's question, which was about PageRank. Followed links pass PR, nofollowed links do not.

Jim4767, Sep 11, 2014 IP