1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

learn wordpress

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by beven, Sep 9, 2014.

hi,
    Dears i want to learn wordpress and i confuse about theme design and plugin development.
    what should be the first step. theme design or plugin if i want to be expert in wordpress

beven, Sep 9, 2014 IP
  2. homer7

homer7 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You will need basic knowledge in PHP first, i would go with theme customization and design first and once you have strong knowledge in PHP you can move to plugin development.

homer7, Sep 9, 2014 IP
  3. beven

beven Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    yes i have knowledge of php...but have not knowledge of designing.....

beven, Sep 9, 2014 IP
  4. Hefaistos

Hefaistos Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    If you already have php knowledge, but no experience in designing, probably will be best for you to start designing WordPress plugins. This will require more php and programming skills.
    First of all, you need to be familiar with WordPress and how things work: WordPress specific functions and WordPress way to do things.
    You can learn most of this things from http://codex.wordpress.org/ .
    The best way to learn is practice, so you'll always need to do new things (not only theory). Most of things you'll learn from mistakes and practicing.

Later, you can start edit themes and even start designing some from scratch. Anyway, to design both plugins and themes, beside PHP, you will need to have HTML knowledge and CSS, and some JavaScript basics (especially jQuery).

Last edited: Sep 9, 2014
    Hefaistos, Sep 9, 2014 IP