1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is ClickBank a big SCAM?

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by john269, Sep 1, 2006.

1. olvia34

olvia34 Peon

Best Answers:
    HI! I think you need to email or contact clickbank support team and verify your queries. I know some people who earn from clickbank i don't think they're fake or something.

olvia34, Aug 25, 2011 IP
  2. Junioreality

Junioreality Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have been using Clickbank for a while now. I do not really trust these guys, or all those mega "clickbank payout screenshots." Are people really that crazy on Clikcbank after all these years?

With products that are basically refundable, and "air"....I expect that they shave big time.

I have CB banners on a number of sites that I have, and only make a sale occasionally.....despite the total number of uniques I get each month on my sites.

If you use a specific Adwords campaign, then they'll probably play nicer with you....since they know you can monitor the conversion rates right up to the dot. So anything fishy, and you can call them out.

If you stick a banner on a well ranking site, you'll probably going to be disappointed. And they sure do deduct from your account, every couple of weeks.

Not really good, but that's also the problem with affiliate programs (mainly).

Junioreality, Aug 26, 2011 IP
  3. ELMIT

ELMIT Peon

Best Answers:
    That part makes for me no sense. SO IF I use my own credit card and buy, what harm does it? They get money for each transaction.
    This part is definitely a scam. See, I am now with Clickbank for a while and I am at 500 US$ since months, ... I cannot get the increasing money, because everybody is paying with PayPal.
    Maybe there is club somewhere, ... I sell you an item for 1 US$ and you sell me one for 1 US$ and so we can get finally paid !!!! If you know of such, please let me know privately.

ELMIT, Sep 11, 2011 IP
  4. jonners

jonners Peon

Best Answers:
    I think that those screenshots are real, but they are possibly from people who are selling the ebooks, not people promoting them.

With the right traffic to your website you can convert well though. I have made more through Clickbank than Adsense on one site I run. It is a numbers game though. Get 10-20k visitors a day and you will get enough hops/conversions to make a good income.

jonners, Sep 12, 2011 IP
  5. uncmonk27

uncmonk27 Peon

Best Answers:
    It's no scam as I have made some sales in the past, very few though and it was not worth the time and effort invested!

uncmonk27, Sep 12, 2011 IP
  6. steveuk007

steveuk007 Peon

Best Answers:
    Wow your pic is gorgeous, although you are maybe a old man with a stolen pic

whoops sorry was gettin bored

Last edited: Sep 18, 2011
    steveuk007, Sep 18, 2011 IP
  7. guardado89

guardado89 Peon

Best Answers:
    yeah clickbank IS NOT A SCAM they are legit

guardado89, Sep 22, 2011 IP
  8. KehZiRuk

KehZiRuk Member

Best Answers:
    If you don't have any costumers than you don't have any sales, and if you don't have sales you make no money. That applies to even the 3-4 sales a month you might get. It starts to tick your account as dormant and they deduct cash from your revenue.

KehZiRuk, Sep 23, 2011 IP
  9. haidarzen

haidarzen Peon

Best Answers:
    Clickbank is not a scam. It realy pays its affiliates.

haidarzen, Sep 25, 2011 IP
  10. sumusiko

sumusiko Peon

Best Answers:
    Of course it's not a scam, just don't expect them to process a cheque for a couple of dollars...

sumusiko, Sep 25, 2011 IP
  11. DNMarketing

DNMarketing Peon

Best Answers:
    Whew good feedback on the beginning post. Theres' hope.

DNMarketing, Oct 1, 2011 IP
  12. IamTJM

IamTJM Peon

Best Answers:
    I've been using ClickBank, both as a vendor and an affiliate, for a few years now and they do pay and on time. I have had some problems as far as including privacy policies and disclosures on websites but nothing that couldn't be easily fixed.

IamTJM, Oct 4, 2011 IP
  13. Coins4jewelry

Coins4jewelry Peon

Best Answers:
    Wow! I was all ready to sign up with clickbank! I'll have to do more research.

Coins4jewelry, Aug 7, 2012 IP
  14. Postedhere

Postedhere Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    it is not a scam. Clickbank pays. It's a big company and is really trusted online!

Postedhere, Aug 7, 2012 IP
  15. darren fisher

darren fisher Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I just had the same exact thing happen to me. I opened a clickbank account in about 2005. I have a $25 threshhold and have ALWAYS been paid for my commissions until this past year. What happened was the website I previously had went out of business so I started a new business this past year and was not promoting as heavily as I used to. Then I started receiving complaints about a survey program I was promoting and that people were not getting their login after paying. It had been a long time since I logged into clickbank but obviously assumed if I was earning I would have received a check by now. Well when I looked in my clickbank account it said I had a zero balance, however, it showed several sales I had made through the past year that equaled about $300. I was surprised and contacted clickbank. They then told me all this nonsense about dormant accounts. When I went back to login to my clickbank account they then blocked me from being able to view my earnings. What I think they're doing is I believe they have probably 1000's of accounts that people simply forget about and I believe that money just sits there so is simply pocketed by clickbank thinking the people will never come back. Working online for as long as I have I know how this works only too well. I would love to start a CLASS-ACTION-SUIT against clickbank. Anyone interested?

darren fisher, Feb 3, 2014 IP
  16. gambler53

gambler53 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'm sorry that some of you have had bad experiences on CB. I think it depends on the vendor. We offer a great software with an excellent conversion rate and bonuses for people who sell at least 50 items per month. I know this affiliate network has a regular pay schedule.

gambler53, Feb 4, 2014 IP
  17. paul@optionbot

paul@optionbot Active Member

Best Answers:
    we use clickbank to pay our affiliates and we have never had a problem with them at all.
    infact we have a very good relationship with them and we have never had any complaints from our affiliates either.

paul@optionbot, Feb 27, 2014 IP
  18. TopDraw

TopDraw Active Member

Best Answers:
    I am convinced Clickbank are scammers/crooks. That is why they do not use Paypal to do payments, they figured it would be too messy for them. Paypal disputes can get messy for this kind of business model....

I get sales very occasionally, and yes, these crooks DEDUCT money from your account every week unless you hit their threshold. I had $60+ deducted to ZERO in my account because I thought the minimum payout was $100. These crooks STEAL your money any chance they get.

They say the minimum payout is $25, and I only found out recently. So I changed my threshold to $25. And they claimed they sent me a check for $50+, but it has been WEEKS and the magical check has never arrived. Since I have so little trust in them, I am inclined to believe they STOLE this from me.

I did email them, and you know what they say? They say they did sent the check, but if I never received it, and I want them to re-issue the check, they have to charge me $25 for it due to bank regulations.

WTF!!!

So these crooks can claim anything in the world, and I have no evidence they actually sent the bloody check!!!

I have been online marketing for years, and I know scams when I see them. Clickbank is a scam, but a slick one, meaning they do pay.....but they will step all over the ones who don't make much money for them. They will literally STEAL from the low earners. That is the only conclusion.

These crooks really need to be AUDITED by the FTC.

Warning: All you people thinking about signing up, or claiming they are so good - you better beware of their practices. If you make frequent sales, hey no problem you can "donate" to them all you want, BUT in this age of Google Penguin/Panda + slow or infrequent sales, you WILL see them stealing your money. I am not making any of this up.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2014
    TopDraw, Sep 7, 2014 IP
  19. www_HypeFree_com

www_HypeFree_com Active Member

Best Answers:
    Clickbank is not a fraud or a scam, that being said I'm pretty sure (but don't have access to data) that most affiliate don't make any money. It's probably like at big CPA networks where a small number makes the majority of their sales. It would be nice if they would publish that kind of data, but that is my guess. But they are legit and no one ever (as far as I know) earned big commission and not gotten paid.

www_HypeFree_com, Sep 17, 2014 IP
  20. www_HypeFree_com

www_HypeFree_com Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'm not a fan of taking $80 from someone who hasn't reached $100 every month take $5 or whatever it is. If you can't make big money at once and get the checks from clickbank you might be better off promoting JVzoo or other affiliate platforms, but just because they have this system which they tell you upfront doesn't make it a scam it makes it anoying and probably they do it to keep small times pay for having accounts (my guess) that $5/month is not a problem for the 1% big players, but I can see how it's a problem for small timers , but again that is not a scam

PS: I 'm not owner or anything of clickbank just sharing my 2 cents.

Dan

www_HypeFree_com, Sep 17, 2014 IP