1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Can i Temporarily disable email account... in cpanel?

Discussion in 'Security' started by leadinmarketing, Aug 4, 2014.

Hey. Browsed. Hope this is the correct area to post this. Anywho. A while ago i saw a article about disabling your email account temporarily. Now i dont remember if that was the case or if it was just deleted, and then recreated. But yea. I wanted to know if it was possible I could disable my own email account temporarily. So that whoever sends me an email gets an error email in response.

I am currently on shared hosting.. Please note. I do not need an autoresponder. I want it to look completely gone or some sort of mispelling. Whatever that email response from the server is when they can not locate the email.

Thanx in advance

leadinmarketing, Aug 4, 2014 IP
  2. HostDash

HostDash Well-Known Member Premium Member

Best Answers:
    Easiest way, login to Horde webmail and export all of your emails, delete your email account and once ready you can re-create it and import your emails.

That way you don't have to 'pretend' that your account no longer exists as it actually won't, until you re-create it.

HostDash, Aug 4, 2014 IP
  3. leadinmarketing

leadinmarketing Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thanx. Im going to do that. Im thinking, since outlook is setup (imap) with that email and have all 6000 spam messages- then all that good ol spam will stay on there and when i recreate that email address I should still have those emails on my computer, in whatever folder its stored in.

leadinmarketing, Aug 6, 2014 IP
  4. kailash

kailash Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Don't create IMAP to download emails. It will not download the message body. You will have to configure POP3 account in your Outlook to download the message.

kailash, Sep 5, 2014 IP
  5. leadinmarketing

Best Answers:
    Hey. What exactly do you mean it wont download the body? I have been using Imap for like 3 years. The messages are always downloaded properly. Or did I misunderstand what you mean.... I am using Outlook 2013 and also thunderbird. Never have any issues.

leadinmarketing, Sep 5, 2014 IP
  6. kailash

kailash Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You might be using IMAP for 3 years but you don't know how it works. If you delete the emails from your server, IMAP will not load any emails in your email client. If you wish you can test it by deleting emails from your server and then see what do you see. To download emails, you have to configure POP3 account.

kailash, Sep 7, 2014 IP
  7. leadinmarketing

Best Answers:
    Oh. That's what you're saying. Yes. Pop3-delete emails in the email client, it will not delete then from the server. Imap-delete emails in the email client, it will also delete from server. Yes. I understand this. That's why I use IMAP. I don't ever check emails on the server because many of my email addresses don't show up in horde, squirrel mail or that other one that comes default with cpanel. But yes. I prefer IMAP so I don't ever have to login to the server to check email anyway

leadinmarketing, Sep 8, 2014 IP