1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Shawn Hogan Sentenced - eBays #1 affiliate gets 5 months in federal prison! OUCH!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by GuruCreation, May 2, 2014.

1. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Do you think they may just let you go? I think they call it a suspended sentence or something like that. They just add your sentence to your probation time since your jail time is short. Would be great if you could just go free after a couple hours in there.

qwikad.com, May 14, 2014 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Doubtful... Maybe they would release me to a halfway house early or something though... Not sure really.

digitalpoint, May 14, 2014 IP
  3. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Some unsolicited advice, based upon a couple of people that I knew who went through the BOP many years ago:

1. Avoid at all costs as coming across as arrogant, a smarta**, etc., to your jailers. They hate that and can decide to put you "in transit" at any time. That means you will be on a bus all day and staying at a different jail every night. They have done this to "annoying" inmates for up to 12 months without interruption. It really, really makes life miserable for the person in transit. First impressions are especially important as they are eager to size everyone up quickly and pay more attention to your early activities than you might think.

2. If you can become of "value" to your jailers (helping with IT issues, for example) you will get extra perks and leniency. I would not recommend this if you were going to a "tough" place because other inmates might mistake you for an informer, but in a low-security facility like you are going to, that will not be so much of an issue. There should be very few, if any, "hard rocks" there who will take personal offense .

3. There are no friends in prison. Trust no one. Many people get really desperate and irrational when caged and would sell out their mother if it got them freedom more quickly.

4. Be very quiet about your success in the business world. Some folks there would find you to be an interesting (i.e., wealthy) target when they get out or perhaps for a crony who is on the street now. Happens all of the time.

Good luck with everything. The good news is that on your first day, you will already be a "short-timer." As one fellow that I used know would say, "Four months before I get out? I can do that standing on my head in a closet."

jrbiz, May 15, 2014 IP
  4. snakeair

snakeair Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Shawn you going to go cow tipping?

snakeair, May 16, 2014 IP
  5. mark ginn

mark ginn Active Member

Best Answers:
    dude you watch too many movies, advice, just keep your head down.
    i very much doubt it will be a high security prison, more like a walk in center with a perimeter.

mark ginn, May 16, 2014 IP
  6. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    And your basis for making these comments is???

As I said in my post, my comments were based on input from people who have been in the custody of the BOP. I also acknowledged that this will be a minimum security facility. That said, the BOP is the BOP, no matter the institution being managed and they are very serious about what they do. The inmates are there for a variety of reasons, none of which involve high school antics or movie storylines. Your advice, "just keep your head down" is as lame as it can get. In fact, one needs to keep his eyes and ears open at all times in a situation like this.

So, dude, let me know where you get your expertise from and we can decide who is watching too many movies or offering advice based upon fantasy or speculation.

jrbiz, May 16, 2014 IP
    Spoiltdiva likes this.
  7. snakeair

snakeair Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Shawn, is the wifi free?

snakeair, May 16, 2014 IP
  8. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Lol, pretty sure there isn't any wifi. :)

digitalpoint, May 16, 2014 IP
    snakeair, Rebecca and sarahk like this.
  9. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Oh, you get that in the real world?

dcristo, May 16, 2014 IP
    Spoiltdiva, digitalpoint and sarahk like this.
  10. jazzyjmnote

jazzyjmnote Banned

Best Answers:
    I am worried if DP will face Downtimes on Servers, Mods of this forum will take care of the DP forum for 5 Months?

jazzyjmnote, May 17, 2014 IP
  11. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I am confident that if there are issues they will have someone qualified waiting in the wings that can address them.

Spoiltdiva, May 17, 2014 IP
    FreeFun4Every1, jrbiz and Rebecca like this.
  12. globegenius

globegenius Active Member

Best Answers:
    This thread was funny to read. Oh well at least you are man enough Shawn to admit you were working in the "gray area" a bit. Just too dam smart with code. Like you say, save millions and get it settled. Should be able to buy off some guard for internet access. lol No "Bubbas" is a bonus I am sure! Life is an experience. You will now have another unique experience to share with us! You sill get 3 square meals a day. Not all bad. Things could be worse, could of had the mother in law knocked up! lol (teasing with that):)

globegenius, May 19, 2014 IP
  13. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    This is the camp I was assigned to (Taft)... Not sure if I really buy some of the female guards being hookers... lol

http://boingboing.net/2012/10/23/former-inmates-description-o.html

digitalpoint, May 19, 2014 IP
  14. globegenius

globegenius Active Member

Best Answers:
    "Some prisoners don't want to leave" that is rich! :D JUly 14 ........... a few months will fly by. You will need to go home for a rest after that. Estimated those girls make 30,000 a month on average! Could be a new niche there.......

globegenius, May 19, 2014 IP
  15. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    snakeair likes this.
  16. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Female guards love bad boys, that's why they choose to work at a jail in the first place.

qwikad.com, May 19, 2014 IP
  17. Blogmaster

Blogmaster Blood Type Dating Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Blogmaster, May 19, 2014 IP
  18. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Lol... just doesn't seem smart. I'd suspect prostitution at a federal prison would result in THEM going to federal prison themselves. Like would you think it's smart to sell drugs inside a police station? *Someone* that cares will find out. :)

ryan_uk likes this.
  19. ChrisMiller

ChrisMiller Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Sounds like 5 months of free food and board (If you don't include legal fees) and a hell of an adventure.

Should we sign you up for every free magazine subscription imaginable? ;)

ChrisMiller, May 27, 2014 IP
  20. yomama

yomama Active Member

Best Answers:
    5 months of free food and board and amazingly hilarious stories. Shawn is lookin' great, working out, running, attitude amazing and positive, reading a lot, volunteering in horticulture and checking out sports equipment is his high paying job (I think 12 cents an hour). The boredom not as bad now that he is volunteering in horticulture and football season will help. Celebrated his birthday with him on Monday.

yomama, Sep 4, 2014 IP
    GuruCreation and jrbiz like this.