1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I am Looking For Social Networking Sites that aim for "Computers/Technology" and "Web Hosting" Niche

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by Belenthrow, Aug 22, 2014.

Hi Everybody,

First time asking although I kinda have the right Idea about who to target. I am currently working on my blog and I have down two niches that I am most fond of: "computers/technology" and "web hosting".

Now, those that are on tight budget need to start with free traffic first before scaling up towards paid traffic which I understand. The question I'm asking is what social networking sites are worth the time for signing up regarding these two niches.

I know about the major social networks but I am trying to aim for specific ones for these 2 niches without wasting time on any site that is not relevant. This way I can get more done and target the right kind of people.

Any help is appreciated.

Belenthrow, Aug 22, 2014 IP
  2. cronik

cronik Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Facebook Groups, Linkedin Groups, related forums, and guest blogging. I am not aware of any niche social networks but you can use the big ones to your advantage to, especially Twitter. You can also comment on top ranking blogs where there are regular members who often post comments, so it's basically a niche community cause you can still reach people.

cronik, Aug 22, 2014 IP
  3. Belenthrow

Belenthrow Member

Best Answers:

Okay,

Thanks so far. So from what you are saying is that the big social networks play a big role, but finding specific social networks that deal with these niches are unknown.

The reason why I am asking this is because I went searching up on what appeals to what target audience on wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_social_networking_websites

Some are in the niche for the Computer and Video games niche but none stating technology and computer management as well as webhosting.

I know Pinterest is popular but among women in general everyday life.

I am trying to lower time looking for the right social sites while effectively finding like-minded people in these 2 niches. I can work from there.

I am resetting my Facebook and twitter accounts because they were heavily influenced by my former niche and did me no good.

Belenthrow, Aug 23, 2014 IP
  4. tuiykkwr

tuiykkwr Active Member

Best Answers:
    Facebook, Linkedin & Google+ have many groups & pages that have millions of user's participation over the topics of your interest. I ensure you will get the best of information that you are willing to have through these sources only. Once a man come up with a new social media platform, he definitely is going to initiate the promotion of that new platform through these huge role players (Fb, Linkedin etc.) only.

tuiykkwr, Aug 26, 2014 IP
  5. Belenthrow

Belenthrow Member

Best Answers:
    Okay Update,

When I checked Facebook, Linkedin & Google+ the groups are less and practically little is going on in my niche with those platforms but Twitter on the other hand is showing plenty of promise. I think it will be easier for me to start off with social media first from Twitter before moving on to advanced stuff like guest blogging and forum traffic.

Belenthrow, Sep 2, 2014 IP
  6. jetbrains

jetbrains Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The Dzone is a social network for Technology, maybe you can try it.

jetbrains, Sep 3, 2014 IP
  7. lychee

lychee Active Member

Best Answers:
    You can open a page specifically about the niches you want to target for free here.

lychee, Sep 3, 2014 IP
  8. Boost_Software

Boost_Software Member

Best Answers:
    Also, you may want to reconsider Pinterest as an option. There are a very large number of bloggers on there & you may find that they need the information you provide from either of those two niches. I've notices a large number pinning on all things related to computer technology, blogging, hosting, networking, etc. You would, of course have to have decent images & a widget...possibly infographics for the extra eye appeal.

Boost_Software, Sep 4, 2014 IP
  9. Belenthrow

Belenthrow Member

Best Answers:
    Uhh, No thanks. I am very cautious about signing up for sites like that as I search for reviews first on the product you gave (and in this case when i searched gave little in return, and even that was negative). Hard lesson I learned that I am never want to go back to.

Thanks Ill try to see further in Pintrest. Not a simple one but I am studying how people work on social sites.

Belenthrow, Sep 7, 2014 IP