1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to make a cyber crime complaint on a network

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by rajalakshmip, Aug 26, 2014.

All,

I have been working with a advertising network for a while and he stolen my money without paying me for the traffic I have sent him. They started complaining their advertiser didn't pay them and inturn they will not be able to pay them.

It was a huge loss of around $5k. I have been chatting with them and they are more interested in creating alias networks but not interested in paying me.

I would like to make a formal cyber crime complain , so that the guys can put in to prison and not able to steal the money.

Have any one did a official complaint about a network?

rajalakshmip, Aug 26, 2014 IP
  2. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    You could try to take them to the small claims court if they are located in your country. You seem to have emails from them stating that they can't pay you even though they owe you the money. So you have all the evidence you need. If they are outside of your country then there's really very little you can do.

qwikad.com, Aug 26, 2014 IP
  3. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    You probably do not have a criminal case unless you can prove that they intended to defraud you out of your services from the beginning. Such evidence might be proof that they have done this repeatedly in the past to other vendors. If not, you have a civil matter that should be prosecuted in a court within that company's legal jurisdiction. You will have to decide if your time, the cost of attorneys, etc., is worth the effort and also consider the fact that any monies that you win may not be collectible. Small companies shut down all of the time and totally disappear.

The best protection it to not let them get too deep into your pockets by demanding payment along the way as the project is underway. But, there is no absolute protection unless you can negotiate full payment in advance.

There are no cyber courts, criminal or civil, by the way.

jrbiz, Aug 26, 2014 IP
  4. rajalakshmip

rajalakshmip Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks a lot . I will try registering a case against the network, since I have all the proof of how they steal the money. Also how they are creating multiple networks

rajalakshmip, Aug 27, 2014 IP
  5. rajalakshmip

Best Answers:
    They are repeated offender by creating multiple networks . I have got all the proof from the start to prove their crime. People like them need to be put behind bars...

rajalakshmip, Sep 2, 2014 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  6. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    You are so right. It would be great if you were successful at this effort and cyber criminals were caught and punished. Every once in a while the good guys do when in these cases. Keep us posted on progress, etc.

jrbiz, Sep 2, 2014 IP
  7. rajalakshmip

Best Answers:
    Sure will be trying to make a offiicial complaint shortly.

rajalakshmip, Sep 2, 2014 IP