1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Multiple 301s

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Mihai Alexandru, Sep 1, 2014.

I have a question for you guys. 2 months ago I've change my website to another domain and now I want to do it again (ok, ok, I know it's not right but a good domain name was released last week and I bought it).
    If I do another 301 redirect, would that be a problem?
    To understand it better: site1 is already redirected to site2. Now I want the 2nd site to be redirected to the 3rd part, site3.
    How is this gonna work?

But if a month later my webhost on site 1 or/and site2 will go down, what's Google gonna do about this?

Solved! View solution.
    Mihai Alexandru, Sep 1, 2014 IP
    The best way to do it is to redirect site 1 and site 2 to site 3 and not site 1 to site 2 and then site 2 to site 3, otherwise you might get penalty.

Once you do the redirects, submit a change of address on Google webmaster tools.

You need to keep the redirected domains a few months at least, and it is recommended to keep them redirected one year.

maddenitrous, Sep 1, 2014 IP
  3. Mihai Alexandru

Mihai Alexandru Active Member

Best Answers:
    I understand. Well..thank you for your support. I will wait for others to respond aswell to be sure about this thing.

Mihai Alexandru, Sep 2, 2014 IP
  4. rankwatch.com

rankwatch.com Active Member

Best Answers:
    So, there are 3 sites.

Site A
    Site B
    Site C
    Add 301 redirect from A to C and unless both A and B urls have been totally removed from Google, don't allow these sites to be down.

rankwatch.com, Sep 4, 2014 IP
  5. mdhuamitha.mahesh

mdhuamitha.mahesh Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Redirect site A and Site B to Site C. Redirected again needs to redirected Google may penalize your website. Keep the redirected domain at least six months if you receive Good traffic and Good DA and PA

mdhuamitha.mahesh, Sep 4, 2014 IP