1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Social Networking

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by shemseddine, Aug 10, 2014.

1. Ketty Henry

Ketty Henry Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Obviously, if you are joining on any social media platform for promoting something, then definitely you have prepared before join and after that according to time and according to social platform.

Ketty Henry, Aug 13, 2014 IP
  2. Amanda103

Amanda103 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi
    Today you can do social media marketing on vast level you can create accounts on social networking sites like facebook, pinterest, instagram, Youtube. You will get more followers if you post useful and informative stuff on those accounts.

Amanda103, Aug 18, 2014 IP
  3. tuiykkwr

tuiykkwr Active Member

Best Answers:
    Don't just stick on one platform,create ids on multiple platform (Fb, Google+,LIkedin,etc.) in order to give notice about your project to lot of people.It take lot of time to promote your project by only Twitter,So you should use multiple sources.

tuiykkwr, Aug 28, 2014 IP
  4. pretty10

pretty10 Member

Best Answers:
    Hello shemseddine,

I just now have checked your website, blog, and Twitter profile. You have written some very good articles on your blog. I would say setting up a new account is not a good idea at this moment because you already have a superb Twitter account with over 7K followers.

Your next step is to identify the followers who are interested in your stuff. Then, do your best to engage them and eventually you can add more “interested followers” with their support.

Here are a few things you can try to engage people and build your following further.

If you want to engage people who are interested in a particular stuff say “web design & development”, you initially have to provide value to them. Understand the problems or questions your target audiences have and share some tips or tricks as a solution. You can share your blog posts too if they are helpful to your audience.

You can also ask a question to your audiences like the difficulty they are facing in a particular field or stuff. Once you get their comments, feel free to respond to every comment. The more you share information that your audience want, the more engagement you can make.

Posting content only once in a day will not reach all of the people in your list. Remember, people get online at different times in a day. Thus, you need to post the same content multiple times in a day so that more people will see it. But don’t overdo it; posting the same thing many times can also make an awkward feel among people. Just 2-3 times would be enough.

It is good to follow useful people who write and share great information. You need to read what they share and also comment/retweet it. You can participate in their discussions and join their communities or groups, etc. This will help you build relationships with many people.

If you gather some “useful” people in one platform, you can bring them to other platforms later. For example, if you have more influential people on Facebook then you can invite them to follow you on Twitter or Linked in.

My suggestion is that you should focus on just two or three social media sites if you are just starting out(that you are more comfortable to manage daily).

Hope it helps!

By the way, I followed you on Twitter and hopefully I would participate in your discussions whenever I can. :)

pretty10, Aug 29, 2014 IP
    shemseddine likes this.
  5. shemseddine

shemseddine Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi!

Thanks for the great answer. I'm glad you had a look and I will follow you back if you let me know what your username is.

I agree with you about creating more than one article a day but unfortunately I work and I don't have a lot of time to create them. I try my best to create as many as I can on the weekend but that's still not enough since I want the quality to be good.

Anyway, hope for the best and if you have a blog or a website, let me know so I can check them too.

shemseddine, Sep 2, 2014 IP
  6. pretty10

pretty10 Member

Best Answers:
    Hello! I sent you a tweet on Twitter and hope you can find my Twitter ID. :)

No, I was not talking about creating more than one article a day. You don't have to create articles every day. I was talking about the "content you are posting" on social media whether it is a motivational quote, a blog post, your business related picture or video or anything you want your customers to see. You need to post the same thing two or three times in a day if you really want more people to see it. This is to make sure that people from different time zones can check it when they are online. This is a suggestion by many social media marketers. For example, if you want to share a picture you designed and you want people from Australia and North America to see it. Usually Australians would be sleeping when North Americans are awake. So what should you do? You need to post the same thing at different intervals in a day so both Australians and North Americans could see it when they are awake and online. I hope you get it.

Write and post articles when you have time. Of course quality matters as you said. Yes, I'll share my website URL with you soon. :)

pretty10, Sep 2, 2014 IP
  7. pretty10

pretty10 Member

Best Answers:
    Also, I'm glad that you like my answer. You're welcome. :)

pretty10, Sep 2, 2014 IP