1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to Remove Widget or Element.

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by ksbharath86, Aug 30, 2014.

Hello Friends,

I have a serious problem. First please have a look at this link for the demo template http://megamag-pbt.blogspot.in/

I have also attached the screen shot on what I really want. With reference to the image How do I remove Fashion gadget or element permanently and increase the width of blog posts. and increase the width of blog posts and other widgets or elements.

• MOVIES
    • MOTION DESIGN
    • NEWS
    • SPORTS
    [​IMG]

ksbharath86, Aug 30, 2014 IP
  2. COBOLdinosaur

COBOLdinosaur Active Member

Best Answers:
    When I look at source code and see a load of crap like that, my first step is to validate it. When the validator throws 40 errors including structural issues, I see no point in trying to make recommendation on presentation. Until the page uses markup that at least comes close to being valid I see no point in wasting time trying to dig through the over styled, over scripted bloated load of muck where every change attempted will probably create more problems than it solves.

If a client want me to work on a page like that I would dump it in the trash and start from scratch.

COBOLdinosaur, Sep 1, 2014 IP
  3. ksbharath86

ksbharath86 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks a lot for the valuable reply what you have given to me. I immediately removed that template from my blog. By the way, can you please guide me on how validate any template. Should we install the blogger template on the site and then check or is there any other process.

ksbharath86, Sep 1, 2014 IP
  4. COBOLdinosaur

COBOLdinosaur Active Member

Best Answers:
    Validating just a template will not give you the full picture, you really need to generate typical pages and validate the pages to see if the template actually generates valid code. Personally I never use third party templates because 90% of them are defective, restrictive, and impossible to maintain as soon as you want to do something custom. If you don't have the skills to code your own templates and themes then you just have to understand that you will be limited to a narrow range of options or the "easy to use" feature disappears and you start to run into a lot of problems.

COBOLdinosaur, Sep 2, 2014 IP