1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Contest $30 Logo 48 hours. High end and unique!

Discussion in 'Design Contests' started by Jay Turner, Aug 30, 2014.

1. Jay Turner

Jay Turner Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Thank you as well!

Jay Turner, Aug 30, 2014 IP
  2. matt_62

matt_62 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 1
    @op, I have been watching this comp and was planning to keep my comments to myself. I find it hilarious that you have spent *almost* more on becoming a premium member of the forum, then you have invested in the most critical branding aspect of your company.

I agree, there is some really good entries put forward. (so congrats to everyone that worked really hard(both those that got paid and those that didnt)), but before your start putting this logo on all of your product lines, can I just give you some feedback.

1. From your description, it sounds like you have a very high quality product. People will be lining up to grab it. None of the logos seem to convey this. A high quality product really needs a superior label to match.
    2. The image you linked to is fantastic -> i mean look at the writing of "Gourmet Barbeque & Basting" -> I see that image, and I will line up for that

Look, some of the entries are really good, but for me, the logo does not "hit the spot". I would try to find more really great ideas and suggestions. Its not uncommon to hire 3-5 different designers, so that you can sit down with the owner with a small portfolio of mind-blowing logos.
    Here's what I have done with logos before, I show them to people (not involved in the project so impartial) and get their feedback on the best 1-3, and often what I like (or you like), is not necessarily going to give the first best impression to others.

Look its up to you, but IMHO, hire a few more designers, and then decide which is the best to represent your company, even if this does mean that you end up using the logo that you already chose from this thread.

matt_62, Aug 31, 2014 IP
    eqzombie likes this.
  3. eqzombie

eqzombie Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I don't normally budge into other people's threads but since I had a competition up here I also was looking at other threads at the same time. I feel like the final logo you decided on was a quick draw and you could have gotten many more entries on a higher quality level. I also think the investment you're putting in for a logo is so small for a major branding product.

From the sounds of it, you are aiming to market in stores like Whole Foods and Trader Joe's (since you're playing off the gluten free stant), which also means it'll be a higher priced product. You're going to want a really quality logo (along with product design on the bottle), and possibly making the contest worth $100 and leaving it open for a week would have been the best bet. At least to see what kind of options you have. G Venom is one of the only ones that entered, and he is well known for using pre-designed vectors in his logos that he puts up. The guy that won produced an alright concept, but certainly not a product ready logo (even with some small revisions).

Either way, I wish you the best, but I also suggest taking @matt_62 's advice and thinking and re-launching this competition to find a few different designers to work with.

eqzombie, Aug 31, 2014 IP
    matt_62 likes this.
  4. Illidan_000

Illidan_000 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I dearly hope so that your comments are coming from a place of 'wanting to give someone an advice' instead of hate. The CH told me that the concept I've submitted him was exactly what he was looking for and he would like to end the contest and call me a winner, I offered to give him an unlimited amount of revisions until he's happy with the outcome. That being said he knows what's best and he made the right decision for him.

Illidan_000, Aug 31, 2014 IP
  5. eqzombie

eqzombie Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    It definitely wasn't from a position of hate, but from a position of advice. I've launched many flagship products for many sites/companies, and the amount I spend on design is >$500 for each product (granted if they're worthy of said price). But for something that is supposed to be on the shelf of a high end super market (by the sound of it), I think that me and matt_62 were just offering some friendly words on a product that seems to be the baby of the product creators.

eqzombie, Aug 31, 2014 IP