1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Anyone Know of Free Hosting, No Ads and Unlimited Disc Space / Bandwidth?

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by Jameyson MacDonald, Aug 23, 2014.

I have a domain I haven't really been doing anything with, gamersonline.us. I figure it's a great name and if I put a decent site on it and got it some rank, I could easily sell it. So that's what I plan to do. Only problem is I've already shelled out a lot of money on my main site and I don't want to pay for hosting. So I'm looking for a free web hosting company that offers unlimited disc space (or at least enough space for a large site), no forced ads and enough bandwidth to cover a few thousand visitors a day.

I have used 3owl and 000webhost in the past, but they've gotten pretty bad. 3owl has extremely limited bandwidth and will shut down your site if you exceed it; 000webhost was once good but now has these annoying popup ads on free websites. Any suggestions would be great!

Jameyson MacDonald, Aug 23, 2014 IP
  2. q7m

q7m Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    It is very hard to find unlimited free hosting. However, the best free hosts I know (excepting 000webhost) are Awardspace.com, Byethost.com and FreeHostia.com.

q7m, Aug 24, 2014 IP
  3. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Talk to your host about letting you have it site beside your main site. I always make sure my shared hosting is "reseller" in that I can add domains as I see fit, they're usually not up for active reselling but that's fine for my purposes.

Free hosts are really only good for kids starting out who don't care about speed and outages.

sarahk, Aug 24, 2014 IP
  4. HostDash

HostDash Well-Known Member Premium Member

Best Answers:
    I agree that free hosts is not the best option but the primary intent here is to sell the website at a later date. A reseller package might increase the price as it normally does compared to a shared package and sharing a single shard package might create headaches later when it comes to migrating away.

Really, for just a few dollars save yourself the headache and purchase a hosting package. Once you're ready to sell you will find it 10x easier to do so compared to any other option on the table.

HostDash, Aug 24, 2014 IP
  5. WSWD

WSWD Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There's no such thing as unlimited, first of all. Come up with some realistic numbers and go from there.

WSWD, Aug 28, 2014 IP
  6. Jameyson MacDonald

Jameyson MacDonald Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Obviously, this was a figure of speech; everything has limits...

Jameyson MacDonald, Aug 28, 2014 IP
  7. Rado_ch

Rado_ch Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Exactly, and the point is not to have unreasonable expectations like Unlimited Disk Space. This is just a marketing gimmick and you are bound to meet many other limitations to that. Some have advised you about Reseller but actually any shared account would do, as long as your host allows you to have addon domains on it. Not sure what your current host and plan is but you can ask them about the possibility of adding a second website to your account. If its not possible with them or too expensive, my advise would go towards purchasing an account with a great discount for the first year, many hosts would be able to offer that. Going for a free host usually mean a lot of headaches and no support at all so you might want to avoid that.

Hope that helps, I can give you some more recommendations if needeed ;)

Rado_ch, Aug 28, 2014 IP
  8. WSWD

WSWD Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    How is it a figure of speech? You are very explicitly asking for unlimited disk space. Hard to believe that's just a figure of speech, and you're really looking for 50GB of space, no?

WSWD, Aug 30, 2014 IP
  9. Sugavanas

Sugavanas Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    free hosting without ads is not possible too i guess. Choose ipage.com, you can get cheap offers for signing up 2 years :D

i got it, 24$ for 24 months hosting and it is good.

I have a coupon, so contact me for it.

Sugavanas, Aug 30, 2014 IP
  10. Jameyson MacDonald

Best Answers:
    How could you not see it's a figure of speech?

Because I clarified what I meant in the same sentence: "or at least enough space for a large site".

If anything were literally "unlimited", where the hell would we put it all. Of course it's a figure of speech. Nothing in this damn world is "unlimited"...

Jameyson MacDonald, Aug 30, 2014 IP
  11. Jameyson MacDonald

Best Answers:
    I'm using iPage for my other domain name and it's cheap the first year, then goes way up on the second...

Jameyson MacDonald, Aug 30, 2014 IP
  12. Sugavanas

Sugavanas Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

yeah, but i think you can re register with available coupons for another email to continue the offfer.

Sugavanas, Aug 30, 2014 IP