1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Why you shouldn't join a pyramid scheme

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by marajuana, Aug 26, 2014.

I see a lot of people I grew up with joining these organizations, they all claim to be making a lot of money. Driving foreign cars(specially bmws) and taking trips around the world. I haven't met one who actually is living lavish in real life, seems like its all talk. I made this video about the topic if your familiar with what I'm talking about, what do you think about these companies?
    I would love to hear your opinion

marajuana, Aug 26, 2014 IP
  2. chinesegirl07

chinesegirl07 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Lately, my friends are also into this pyramid scheme or MLM. My point of not getting this business package is also the same as yours. I told one of my friend that this scheme has been around since I was a little kid, if they are very successful in recruiting people and was able to get much people how come I haven't met anyone who can really testify to me that they have the lavish life because of this kind business. I have been in a village since birth and met a lot of recruiters w/in our area, none of them has luxury car or travelling very often.

chinesegirl07, Aug 28, 2014 IP
  3. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    By design, a pyramid scheme only benefits the original scammers who start it. Anyone else is being scammed when they join it. And, they end up annoying family, friends, and colleagues as they try to build their "network." These fraudulent "businesses" have been around long before the Internet and they prey on naïve, desperate, or greedy people who simply do not think things through and think that it is a way to make easy money. It is only a way to lose money and friends.

jrbiz, Aug 28, 2014 IP
  4. chinesegirl07

Best Answers:
    Exactly! and they are liars! Why did I say so? One day, my friends were having a group meeting nearby my place. Overheard the recruiter telling my friend... "Hey join our team, all you have to do is post pictures on facebook and tell them that you have already earned this even though that you haven't earned it yet". I was so disappointed with that dirty tactics. And also just recently, I saw a job posting on a freelancing site that this "pyramiding business" is willing to pay $30 for 2,000 likes on facebook. I keep my mouth shut just not to annoy them but I am beginning to get annoyed as well for asking me numerous time to join their team.

jrbiz likes this.
  5. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    One of the original MLM schemes here in the U.S. is still offered by Amway many decades after they started up. About twenty years ago, my wife and I were solicited by a neighbor to join them for dinner. It turned into a sales pitch in which they would not state the name of the company involved until the very end of the evening. It was Amway. Amway's name/reputation was so bad even then because of their practices, that they trained their dupes (my neighbors were just the latest scam victims because they were desperate to clear up big financial problems) to not even mention their name until the end of the sales pitch. It would have been amusing, had it not been so sad.

jrbiz, Aug 28, 2014 IP
  6. chinesegirl07

Best Answers:
    One of the reason why people join this kind of business is financial problem. They are using it as an advantage to their business.
    This is also the same reason why they keep on bugging me to get one. I am proud to say that I am happy for what I am doing right now (freelancing) at least I am earning because I work hard for it. :)

7. Pureau

Pureau Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hence why they're illegal.

Pureau, Aug 31, 2014 IP