1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

1400 plus Unique Visitors but only three clicks, please help

Discussion in 'Placement / Reviews / Examples' started by mcdwgbiz, Aug 25, 2014.

I have this website about soccer, it's in Spanish. In a given day with a good article I can funnel good traffic from a facebook fan page, but I barely get any clicks.

Should I give up on adsense for this site? or is there anything I could do? Below are the pages that got most of that traffic.

Also here's screenshots of the performance reports for two days. Thanks in advance for any help.

This page and this one

[​IMG]

mcdwgbiz, Aug 25, 2014 IP
  2. quiz

quiz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Do you have some Google Analytics stats? How long do most people stay on your website? Maybe the traffic you get is gon within a few seconds and they didn't even check your content (in that case your traffic is just crap). About your ads placement, there is something called ad blindness (you should read some articles about it) and your placement (the one in the sidebar below your categories) is bad. Yet some of your ads within your articles and you will see much better results.

quiz, Aug 25, 2014 IP
  3. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Check your bounce rate. I visited your site and felt like clicking the back button. The header of the site is HUGE. And the "glowing" images are very amateurish. You may have a lot of people immediately leaving. Keep in mind...your site should engage and grab your audience with in the first 10 seconds. With a few tweaks I'm sure you will have more people explore your site below the fold. Right now you don't even see your content without scrolling.

As for ad placement.. you want to find the medium between having seamless ads and ads that pop. Right now your ads are placed in positions where it's obvious an ad. Most people won't notice.

NetStar, Aug 25, 2014 IP
  4. Jameyson MacDonald

Jameyson MacDonald Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think you need to tailor your ads more for your traffic. You have a sports blog, yet I see ads about PPC services being displayed. These things are totally unrelated and might explain why you're not getting clicks. There are essentially 3 ways that I know of to do this:

1. Use the Category filter to remove whole categories of ads you do not want to be displayed.
    2. Use the Competitive Ad Filter to remove individual advertisers who aren't relevant to your site.
    3. Section targeting. This will allow you to highlight parts of the text on your page which are specifically relevant.

It's really important when using Adsense that you try and be as targeted as possible toward your traffic.

Jameyson MacDonald, Aug 25, 2014 IP
  5. mcdwgbiz

mcdwgbiz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As you can see bounce rate is not bad, they actually stay and navigate to other pages, I will change the ad placement thanks

[​IMG]

6. mcdwgbiz

Best Answers:
    Bounce rate is not bad, I cater to this audience, they share the content and my page is growing but they just don't click. Here are the stats for Analytics for two days. thanks
    [​IMG]

7. mcdwgbiz

Best Answers:
    thanks I will try these tips

8. DaveGmac

DaveGmac Member

Best Answers:
    I wonder what sort of traffic you generate from search engines.......
    Is there a reason for people to return to your site?
    What can you do to build trust with your audience.?
    Can you get people to comment on your posts so that a discussion starts?
    Is there some way you can build an interaction with your visitors?
    I am thinking that repeat visitors may become customers and that you may have to cultivate a clientele or audience that will participate in your site and gradually become customers.

DaveGmac, Aug 25, 2014 IP
  9. gvdk

gvdk Member

Best Answers:
    I think traffic from facebook is not quality as traffic from search engine.
    Your cpc is ok but your ctr is bad

gvdk, Aug 26, 2014 IP
  10. Aurangzaib.Janjua

Aurangzaib.Janjua Member

Best Answers:
    Some necessary changes are required in your website. 1st of all, you placed the Ads on the sidebar, you should try to insert the Ad above the post, you CTR will surely increase, Also remove the tag cloud from the footer that is looking really weird and badly increasing the page length.

Aurangzaib.Janjua, Aug 29, 2014 IP
  11. Jinson

Jinson Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I know the solution.
    Use Link units. As you have website with soccer keyword, users will see link units related to football. So you will get CTR upto 5.

Jinson, Oct 1, 2014 IP
  12. Get Daily Jobs

Get Daily Jobs Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I suggest you add another network with google, inbox me how to implement that.

Get Daily Jobs, Oct 7, 2014 IP
  13. lifeplayer

lifeplayer Notable Member

Best Answers:
    your ads placement is bad, it is hard for me to find the ads unit, i wondering how can you expect high CTR.
    Suggest use large/medium rectangle and/or skyscraper because this can get more image ads which really effective in getting click in soccer niche

lifeplayer, Oct 13, 2014 IP
  14. BBELKA

BBELKA Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    YOUR RANK IS 4 MILION !! normal

Yes, you're right

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2014
    BBELKA, Oct 14, 2014 IP