1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Can anyone give me advice on the best social media marketing plan for an online shopping niche

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by chinesegirl07, Aug 6, 2014.

I want to create a social media marketing plan for an online shop concentrating on FB and Twitter platform. Can you share some successful marketing strategies?

chinesegirl07, Aug 6, 2014 IP
  2. cuteboy

cuteboy Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you are looking for high CRO rather than just focusing on other stuff, i'd recommend to initiate your social media campaign with advertising. Affordable and HIGHLY effective. Social media ads help you create your campaign depending on the results you want to gain including Facebook Page Engagement, page likes, clicks, traffic, conversion. Both twitter and facebook has highly intense advertising option to increase your sales or conversion rate.

Other than that, if you wish not-to-use advertisments then you can create a social user engagement plan including creating contests, Create or join groups, engaging with your fans, current community and other pages/profiles.

Hope this information could help you out with your social media marketing. Luck

cuteboy, Aug 7, 2014 IP
    danasurvey likes this.
  3. chinesegirl07

chinesegirl07 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you so much for this advice. Will definitely include this to the plan I am creating. Its taking me awhile to create one but hopefully Im hitting the spot.

chinesegirl07, Aug 15, 2014 IP
  4. creztor

creztor Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Who are you targeting? Who are you customers and what do they like? If you know what they like, what they look for and what they want, then shouldn't be too hard to find relevant groups/keywords/terms to use on FB. Not sure about Twitter, but I've had great success with running ads on FB when I knew who my target market was (what city they lived in, where they went to school etc) and was worth every penny I spent on it.

creztor, Aug 15, 2014 IP
    danasurvey likes this.
  5. honi

honi Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    make sure to build cheap audience before spending too much money on advertising. if your fan page is empty you will have hard time promoting your page. you should use FB ads to get cheap fans before spending serious FB ad on your targeted market.

honi, Aug 15, 2014 IP
  6. danasurvey

danasurvey Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    People always love to save money. Can you post things related to coupons, discounts, and sales?

danasurvey, Aug 15, 2014 IP
  7. SamZig

SamZig Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    For shopping related stuff more visible you make things the better it is. Also try the following

Pinterest Boards - Making different board for different categories
    Scoop.it - Here also you do the same thing but the free version is limited to just two boards.

SamZig, Aug 16, 2014 IP
  8. chinesegirl07

Best Answers:
    This is one of the reason why I am taking so much time in creating the marketing plan... the demographics or target market, the niche of this site is too big and the client told me its for a Christmas/Holiday decor online shopping. The shop does not only caters adult but can also cater kids as well. And the target buying class also caters to everyone from low to high budget.

I think FB is the best place to market the website. Twitter is a huge challenge.

Thank you so much for your helpful insight.

chinesegirl07, Aug 17, 2014 IP
  9. chinesegirl07

Best Answers:
    Already added this on the marketing calendar. :)

chinesegirl07, Aug 17, 2014 IP
    danasurvey likes this.
  10. Patricia Ann Lee

Patricia Ann Lee Active Member

Best Answers:
    You can get people to follow and make them do the job for you if you make a game that will make them engage. :)

Patricia Ann Lee, Aug 17, 2014 IP
  11. My Weight Loss Dream

My Weight Loss Dream Member

Best Answers:
    I would follow lots of pages in your niche and study how they do it. What they get the most likes and shares for and put together a daily plan. Then you can see what works best for you and then drop what doesn't.

My Weight Loss Dream, Aug 20, 2014 IP
    danasurvey likes this.
  12. Boost_Software

Boost_Software Member

Best Answers:
    I would suggest thinking about adding Pinterest into your marketing strategy. They have a lot higher conversion rate than FB or Twitter (although you could use them all at the same time). Also, Pinterest's demographic is 79% female, which might fit your niche better. If you use prices on the photos, you end up getting more likes, etc. It seems like the niche you're working on would be perfect for this, in my opinion. I hope this is helpful. Here's an infograph that you may find helpful. http://www.prestigemarketing.ca/blog/advertising-on-pinterest-a-how-to-guide-infographic/ Good luck with your project! Let us know how it goes!

Boost_Software, Aug 20, 2014 IP
    danasurvey likes this.
  13. chinesegirl07

Best Answers:
    Sounds great!! Will let you know what happened to the plan if its working or not. Well I hope it is. :) Thanks for this advice.

chinesegirl07, Aug 20, 2014 IP
  14. danasurvey

danasurvey Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This is great advice. Knowing your competition is extremely helpful. Study what is working for them.

I also use Pinterest. All social media is a great way to get quality traffic.

danasurvey, Aug 20, 2014 IP
  15. chinesegirl07

Best Answers:
    I have been learning a lot from this forum particularly this thread, I really do appreciate all your inputs. I am not familiar how Social Media Marketing really work but with all your help now I have better understanding and knowledge about this field.

chinesegirl07, Aug 20, 2014 IP
    My Weight Loss Dream likes this.
  16. nicholemathew

nicholemathew Peon

Best Answers:
    hi, Am new to this forum but i guess, you will value my suggestion. Facebook plays a major role in terms of social marketing. Try integrating "FaceBook Order Like" .Allow your customers to share their orders in facebook. When a person X orders in your site and share's his order, Friends of X gets notified about the order. This way you can create a link. ;)

nicholemathew, Aug 22, 2014 IP
  17. nicholemathew

nicholemathew Peon

Best Answers:
    Also, you can generate coupon for Facebook Like. Example " Like us on FB and get some x% discount" .

nicholemathew, Aug 22, 2014 IP
  18. My Weight Loss Dream

My Weight Loss Dream Member

Best Answers:
    We were all new once - just do lots of reading and see how people that are successful at it do things. You will be amazed by how quickly you will pick it up and how much you will enjoy it. People often say to me "you know so much" but I didn't know anything back in 2005 :)

So take your time and enjoy it!

My Weight Loss Dream, Aug 26, 2014 IP
  19. chinesegirl07

Best Answers:
    Sure I will. With the help of this forum and Mr. Google will definitely enjoy this. Thank you so much. :)

chinesegirl07, Aug 28, 2014 IP
  20. Jay Kapupara

Jay Kapupara Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Twitter opens up its Analytics Dashboard for all users.. :)

Jay Kapupara, Aug 29, 2014 IP