1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Why Google Doesn't Show My Site's Complete URL

Discussion in 'SEO' started by SkyPreet, Aug 16, 2014.

Hi everyone,
    I have a strange feeling why Google doesn't show my website's complete URL in the search.

For example, consider I have this page http://reviewshots.com/blog/google-adsense-alternatives/

When someone search any article it should show the website's complete url in the search results. but as of now Google just show my website name followed by the category in which it was posted. something as shown in the attached image.

Like instead of showing this url http://reviewshots.com/blog/google-adsense-alternatives/ in search results, its showing the url as mentioned in the image.

Can somebody tell me how does it impact page ranking and seo? does it really matter?

Thanks.

Attached Files:

SkyPreet, Aug 16, 2014 IP
  2. quiz

quiz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Uhm, I would say that it doesn't really matter for your SERP. To answer your question (why it doesn't show the full URL), it's because the search engine Google is getting more and more clever. What I mean to say with this is that Google "knows" that your blog is running on Wordpress and because of that It will split the URL's into the categories that you made on your website. It will show domain.com/category/ as URL and the rest of the URL (that should be the same as the title) as title in the SERP.

quiz, Aug 20, 2014 IP
    Rado_ch likes this.
  3. SkyPreet

SkyPreet Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thank You so much for letting me know. :)

SkyPreet, Aug 23, 2014 IP