1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

youtube creative commons videos for commercial purposes ?!

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Shawky Khalil, Aug 11, 2014.

Hi all I just want to know if youtube allows to use videos with creative commons license for commercial purposes because I want to use it to promote CPA offers what do you think ?!

Shawky Khalil, Aug 11, 2014 IP
  2. gitnuz

gitnuz Peon

Best Answers:
    Download a bunch of CC videos, mash them together and create one awesome video. Put in a intro slide with any important info, such as a url or social media profile link and then upload it.

gitnuz, Aug 14, 2014 IP
  3. George Peirson

George Peirson Active Member

Best Answers:
    Mostly Creative Commons videos are considered public domain, but check very carefully first, you don't want to get sued. YouTube has specific requirements and policies regarding the CC videos that they list on their site in the Create/Video Editor.

Here is what YouTube says: "YouTube allows users to mark their videos with a Creative Commons CC BY license. These videos are then accessible to YouTube users for use, even commercially, in their own videos via the YouTube Video Editor."

There is more in their policies that you should probably read. Also be careful that what you are selling will not get you into legal trouble. The main problem here would be with people shown in CC videos, even though the video may be CC it does not mean that the people shown in the video have given their consent to be associated with any product. I would personally stay away from videos with people unless I had a signed model release from each person in the video.

George Peirson, Aug 16, 2014 IP