1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Can anyone help with getting my twitter campaign started?

Discussion in 'Twitter' started by AJ_EQ, Aug 6, 2014.

Hi guys,

First post here, search for social media advertising forums and you guys came up so I'm hoping you can help me with my issue. I have posted in another forum and on Yahoo but haven't had any response.

To be honest I'm probably doing something really stupid, but hopefully someone can help.

So I'm getting stuck on a particular section within the promoted tweets section of Twitter advertising. I have tried Googling the problem to no avail.

I'm trying to set up a campaign targeting Interests and Followers in order to generate more traffic to my site. My problem lies in the "Add @usernames" section, essentially I can't get it to work...

I search various @ usernames including some of the biggest on twitter but it always tells me that "No matches were found". Not sure if I'm doing something completely stupid, but I can't for the life of me figure this out, any help would be much appreciated.

Nick

AJ_EQ, Aug 6, 2014 IP
  2. Patricia Ann Lee

Patricia Ann Lee Active Member

Best Answers:
    Patricia Ann Lee, Aug 6, 2014 IP
  3. daverney

daverney Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Twitter advertising is fairly new. I've not really looked into it yet, but I have concerns on how effective it is vs promoting to my current following who I have targeted anyway. I now have thirteen thousand followers and I'm getting more through search engine traffic every day. I probably get around 100 new tweeps a day following me from the search engines.

daverney, Aug 14, 2014 IP
  4. AJ_EQ

AJ_EQ Peon

Best Answers:
    I am also very interested in promoting my current following, but I feel this technique would be more effective once a significant following customer base is founded. I'm hoping that perhaps the "Interests and Followers" campaign would help to boost those initial follower numbers and then might be effectively followed by a "current following" campaign at a later date. Either way I will be testing it before I launch a full-blown campaign.

In regards to my priblem, I have had no luck in contacting Twitter, via their various Twitter handles or any other method. I would be interested to know if anyone is having the same priblem I described above? It almost feels similar to poor Mac vs. PC optimisation I've experienced in the past. I'm on a Mac by the way.

AJ_EQ, Aug 14, 2014 IP