1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

MEDIA.NET is COMPLETE SCAM

Discussion in 'Pay Per Click Advertising' started by JusttirLeon, Sep 19, 2013.

media.net is a complete scam. They will freeze your account when you reach a certain earnings amount with the excuse of low quality traffic.

I had a site that lost over 1000$ with them. They first send you an email about low quality traffic. I immediately did a research and found articles about their scam then removed all their ad code off my site then a couple of days later they send a suspended message, note the last part it's frozen. There is no possible way they can receive low quality traffic when all adcodes have been removed.

You can find the review of other publishers on Google. Avoid. They play the "Yahoo Network" thing but they are not owned by Yahoo so don't have confidence in that. They are stationed in India and provide Yahoo ads. That's all, hope this helps. You have been warned!

JusttirLeon, Sep 19, 2013 IP
  2. ToniKasa

ToniKasa Active Member

Best Answers:
    i Don't Think They Are Scam !

The Url Is http://contextualads.yahoo.net/ So It's A Yahoo.net Subdomain And Yahoo.net Is Same As Yahoo.com And Owned By Yahoo INC :)

Sorry About Your 1K Lost ..

ToniKasa, Sep 20, 2013 IP
  3. JusttirLeon

JusttirLeon Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    That proves nothing. It just proves that they are sponsored by Yahoo. They are a scam and located in India. Read other people's experience here.

http://www.moneyhomeblog.com/media-net-scam-review-media-net-ban-account-for-low-quality-traffic/

I've sent them XXX,000-XXX,000 impressions per day. and that hasn't changed. And on top of that their email was for webmasters to adjust your traffic so it's high quality within 72 hours? That area is so grey they are completely bullshitting

JusttirLeon, Sep 20, 2013 IP
  4. cchq

cchq Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You could take them to a small claims court?

cchq, Sep 21, 2013 IP
  5. neeraj1997

neeraj1997 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have talked to media.net representative and read few good reviews about them. They are based in USA and India is one of the countries where they operate and have sales re-preventative.

I am going to give a thumbs up for your post as there are lot of people are supporting your allegation. Just Googled 'Media.net scam" and i see lot of other people lost their account after a "low-quality" traffic. There's something fishy about them. I am not personally using them but now i will not 't recommend them to anyone .

Thanks for the post..

neeraj1997, Sep 21, 2013 IP
  6. conie k

conie k Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Basically if you want to make money with media.net you need to have good traffic and most of them needs to come from USA or Canada. I've removed they codes on my site after realizing that even though my traffic was ok but the bulk of my visitors comes from Europe and Asia so it was basically useless. We need to stop calling other companies scam just because they don't meet our standards, I think media.net is big and respected enough company to be called a scam

conie k, Sep 23, 2013 IP
  7. Adarian

Adarian Peon

Best Answers:
    I suggest you stick with the trusted websites and at first look up if there are scam reports on the website. I have lost a lot of money as well to a similar problem. But oh well, we all learn from our mistakes, and I already made the money back. Also, I suggest you use TribalFusion if you have enough traffic, they are really good.

Adarian, Sep 23, 2013 IP
  8. aassociatehit

aassociatehit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    making money is not easy specially companies like media.net

aassociatehit, Sep 23, 2013 IP
  9. honestman

honestman Member

Best Answers:
    I had removed MEDIA.NET from my site.

honestman, Sep 30, 2013 IP
  10. Karshim Kanwar

Karshim Kanwar Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have been using Media.net from past 6 months and receiving the payment on time. So question of scam.
    Coming to $1000 lost can you explain us on which site/sites you were using their ads. Maybe because you have lot many impressions from Asian countries like Pakistan, Afghanistan like will lead to no value for advertisers & mediators. That's what all the network does. A pro user is aware of that fact.
    Can you please talk about your site rather than $1000 that you lost JusttirLeon.

Karshim Kanwar, Sep 30, 2013 IP
  11. aassociatehit

aassociatehit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    well that makes no sense, even if he has traffic from Asian countries its not his fault, media.net will show their add to those countries only if they have advertiser for those countries and will pay only if they getting paid, they will not show an advertiser add who want buy US country traffic to any other country, they will show it only to US visitors

Does not looks you have any knowledge at all about advertising, all network has option to buy traffic only from country they want to buy traffic from and they buy traffic only from their required countries

aassociatehit, Sep 30, 2013 IP
  12. situnrocks

situnrocks Active Member

Best Answers:
    ^^ have you gone through their policies :
    http://www.media.net/legal/programguidelines

Majority of traffic should be USA/CANADA/UK

situnrocks, Aug 13, 2014 IP
  13. JusttirLeon

JusttirLeon Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Absolutely not. We already have a good foundation on YT with over 10M views collectively on videos from USA. Everything we focus on is in the US.

If you've been fine then maybe it's because your sites are small for their attention.

That is based on their perspective, you have no possible way of evaluating that. It's not like they are going to throw you their statistics.

Keep in mind they came to us asking us to partner with them. So they must have done their research before hand.

They are just not worth the trouble.

JusttirLeon, Aug 13, 2014 IP
  14. Karshim Kanwar

Karshim Kanwar Active Member

Best Answers:
    Can you please mention you site here which generate 10M page views? Let us have a look and do mind you that Media.net mostly shows text ads only but not the rich media or banner ads in most cases, hence CTR is always too low.

Karshim Kanwar, Aug 13, 2014 IP