1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Profound truth

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by qwikad.com, Aug 13, 2014.

At the end this is what really matters:

90b63bda-1c87-11e4-a724-12313d318c38-large.jpeg

qwikad.com, Aug 13, 2014 IP
  2. Content Maestro

Content Maestro Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think there's any example from modern history other than Sir Abraham Lincoln that can prove the power of persistence more influentially. Fate gives severe blows throughout your life and in the end you come out of it all in all glory! Kudos!
    http://www.rogerknapp.com/inspire/lincoln.htm

Content Maestro, Aug 13, 2014 IP
    jrbiz and qwikad.com like this.
  3. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I put this unattributed quote in a couple of other threads, but it is worth repeating on this one:

A successful entrepreneur is someone who...

Is stubborn enough...

To stick around long enough...

To get lucky.

Of course, Edison was famous for saying "Genius is 10% inspiration and 90% perspiration."

On a more personal note, I recently hired a sales rep for a new team that I am building and I had several good candidates. However, something that this candidate said stuck with me throughout the process and I ended up hiring him. He ended our first interview (by phone) with this statement:

"Well, some people may be better qualified than me, but NO ONE will outwork me."

I really liked that and plan to hold him to his word. ;)

jrbiz, Aug 13, 2014 IP
    Content Maestro and qwikad.com like this.
  4. bmc2009

bmc2009 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I really enjoy this quote from Gandhi on strength and will.

[​IMG]

Here's another quote from Gandhi that speaks volumes about morality and truth.

[​IMG]

bmc2009, Aug 13, 2014 IP
  5. dipti009

dipti009 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Power of persistence we can know from the history, Thomas Edission is one such example who showed great persistence in his life time.

dipti009, Aug 14, 2014 IP
  6. Content Maestro

Content Maestro Notable Member

Best Answers:
    One more great example that proves 'Genius is one percent inspiration, ninety-nine percent perspiration.' (His own quote.)
    This one still inspires me when I am about to lay off something - 'I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.' (Sir Thomas Edison said this when his friend asked why he was still pursuing the light bulb experiments despite failing 10,000 times.)
    (Here's his inspiring life story – http://invention.smithsonian.org/centerpieces/edison/000_story_02.asp.)

Some more recent examples that speak for themselves why persistence is important – http://www.growthink.com/content/7-entrepreneurs-whose-perseverance-will-inspire-you.

Content Maestro, Aug 14, 2014 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  7. dipti009

dipti009 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Truly inspiring to have such great persona that out universe produced. We are indeed indebted to them

dipti009, Aug 14, 2014 IP