1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need to Reset the Windows 7 Password

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Jordan Roper, Aug 13, 2014.

Hi there,

I've had this problem for a while, so I hope that someone experienced in this field on this forum could help me...

We have some files on a computer in the office, however, we can't log into the computer as it has a password that none of us know. Is there something that I can do to remove the password on the computer so that I can get access to these files?

Thanks in advance.

Jordan Roper, Aug 13, 2014 IP
  2. malky66

malky66 Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    malky66, Aug 13, 2014 IP
  3. Jordan Roper

Jordan Roper Member

Best Answers:
    I know how to reset the password once I've logged in, however I am unable to log in, so I was wondering if anyone on here could provide me with some help on how I can remove the password without actually logging in.

4. Content Maestro

Content Maestro Notable Member

Best Answers:
    http://www.wikihow.com/Delete-Someone's-Windows-Password - 3rd method here.
    Disabling the password externally may also be an option - http://www.pcworld.com/article/2054380/disable-windows-logon-password.html.
    http://askleo.com/ive_lost_the_password_to_my_windows_administrator_account_how_do_i_get_it_back/
    I was wondering if you could over-install a fresh copy on the same partition and set up a new administrator account which enables you to access data on that partition. Worked with XP for me but dunno about 7. (I switched to Linux after it.)
    Will keep you posted if I find the solution. Cheers.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2014
    Content Maestro, Aug 13, 2014 IP
    yagnik likes this.
  5. yagnik

yagnik Active Member

Best Answers:
    Long time ago, I have one DVD from which I had remove Win 7 password without logged in win 7.
    There is just need to insert Select it as 1st boot devise and then follow some option. But, now I don't know that I have it or not.

But I have another solution for get back your data.
    Use Portable OS. There is lots of USB Portable OS are exist like Portable Linux OS, Portable fedora OS and so more.
    Get any one OS from internet, and then you just have to insert that OS in your Pen Drive with help of other computer. and use it as 1st boot device. Thereby your computer start with that USB OS and you can copy your data from any drive of your computer.

yagnik, Aug 13, 2014 IP
    Content Maestro likes this.
  6. Content Maestro

Best Answers:
    That's exactly what I do when I need to recover data from a locked/frozen Windows partition.
    The change to Linux is refreshing. Sadly, unlike most Linux distros today, there's no version of Windows that allows you to install the OS on a portable disk from the image.

7. yagnik

yagnik Active Member

Best Answers:
    But I have 3 or 4 setups, which work perfectly any easily installed in Pen drive by Windows 7 Ultimate. There is no issues with Setup OS in portable drive.

yagnik, Aug 13, 2014 IP
  8. Jordan Roper

Jordan Roper Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the help, do you know where I could download the files from?

9. Content Maestro

Best Answers:
    You mean 3-4 different setups of Windows? Well, Windows can be installed on a pen drive but it needs some external utility to modify the source image which then becomes usable (to be installed on a pen drive). I think the Windows 7 Ultimate you have is a modified version of the original. If you try to install Windows on a pen drive using a copy as it is released by Microsoft, it won't work.

10. Content Maestro

Best Answers:
    http://www.pendriveapps.com/ - Give this a shot. http://www.pendrivelinux.com/ - This as well.
    There are many free Linux distros available that can be used via a pen drive or as a Live CD. Chuck something like 'portable linux distros', 'usb linux', 'linux live cd' etc. into Google and you should have what you are looking for.

yagnik likes this.
  11. yagnik

yagnik Active Member

Best Answers:
    @Content Maestro
    I was not talking about Windows, I want to tell you that I have 3 or 4 Portable OS like Linux and Fedora, Which are able to install in Portable disk like Pendrive. That's all. I never think about Windows Load From Pen drive as you say. :D

And thanks for this link. There are also other many helpful Software which are useful in some critical condition.

yagnik, Aug 13, 2014 IP
    Content Maestro likes this.
  12. Content Maestro

Best Answers:
    Oops, you were talking about Linux, I thought it to be Windows!!:oops: Sorry my bad.;) Well, it's possible to use Windows from a pen drive, but that requires some external utility. Also, I think you need to make a hell lot of changes to the installer scripts for hardware compatibility. Never tried it myself though.
    You are welcome @yagnik.:)

yagnik likes this.
  13. weakpa2

weakpa2 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Some tips...Your purpose is to get some files in the computer right? You can get the HDD of that computer and attach it to other computer like you have two HDD in one computer.

weakpa2, Aug 16, 2014 IP