1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

i want To Resell Unlimited Disk Space Hosting

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by Jelly5, Aug 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    i just want to start my unlimited disk space webhosting and reseller company
    , Must i buy unlimited vps disk space or unlimited dedicated server disk space? to install WHM/Cpanel on it?

Also i searched for unlimited vps i only found dreamhost and it's not support unmanaged vps

thanks , please help

Jelly5, Aug 3, 2014 IP
  2. WSWD

WSWD Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Sure, you can do it. Go to Best Buy and buy an unlimited disk space hard drive to put in your server. Oh wait...they don't exist? Either does unlimited hosting! There is no such thing. It's a marketing scam. All hard drives are limited. All hosting accounts are limited. You especially aren't going to find an unlimited dedicated server, because you have a set number of drives, with a set size, i.e. 2x1TB drives or such. All hosts have that limitation. Because of that, there is no such thing as unlimited hosting, in any form, shared, reseller, VPS, or dedicated server.

Please don't perpetuate the "unlimited" myth when you decide to open a host.

WSWD, Aug 3, 2014 IP
    Rado_ch, sarahk, billzo and 1 other person like this.
  3. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Misleading advertisement.

dcristo, Aug 3, 2014 IP
  4. Macarka

Macarka Banned

Best Answers:
    You can start with reseller package from reputable hosts like kvchosting.com, they have good uptime and unlimited ssd reseller plans as you demand.

Macarka, Aug 11, 2014 IP
  5. Gaiacom_LC

Gaiacom_LC Member

Best Answers:
    It's not really possible, because you need real (read: limited) disk space in order to advertise that you sell "unlimited disk space".

Of course, disk space is not unlimited, so you are advertising only. There is no reseller for unlimited disk space. If you get an offer, the reseller is probably scamming you.

So, I suggest looking for a dedicated server or VPS with a large amount of HDD / SATA storage. Say, 3-4TB (terabytes) of disk space.

Then you can install WHM/cPanel, and resell very large amounts of disk space before you need to purchase another server.

I hope the info helps. :)

Gaiacom_LC, Aug 11, 2014 IP
  6. XiNiX

XiNiX Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Firstly Ask yourself does UNLIMITED Exist ? Yes you can write it..but then its NOT for real.

Your the flaw is, the real customers..who will be ur long term clients will not ask for unlimited, if they do..sooner or later they are going to be. risk for the server and ur business.

Get Real.

A normal website needs max. 50 - 1 gb Space. If you wish to have a long term strategy then you must base ur business on Quality rather Quantity. You might get some quick clients ... but then these clients most probably wont know wht they are asking for.

If you really need Theoretical unlimited go for Cloud..than can be scaled as er ur reuirments.

XiNiX, Aug 11, 2014 IP
  7. XiNiX

XiNiX Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    also, the overselling option allows u to resell any thing..say u have a 5 gb reseller, with overselling enabled you can sell...atleast make packages...and sell 15gb.

the idea is that evn tht 15 gb client wont use beyond ur actual quota of 5 gb.

XiNiX, Aug 11, 2014 IP
  8. DriveHosting

DriveHosting Member

Best Answers:
    Yep no such thing as unlimited maybe unmetered but not unlimited.

DriveHosting, Aug 12, 2014 IP
  9. MilesWeb

MilesWeb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you are serious about your web hosting business then don't get into Unlimited hosting. First decide how much you want to invest into this venture and then you can decide the hosting package. For beginners I always recommend to start with a reseller hosting package.

MilesWeb, Aug 14, 2014 IP
  10. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Search before asking questions that have been asked over and over again.

Here's one to get you started: starting webhost bussiness

sarahk, Aug 14, 2014 IP
    WSWD likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.