1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Life without Google!

Discussion in 'Google' started by marktravellinks, Aug 5, 2014.

Hello Guys-

Can you imagine the online life without Google? I was trying to do that and think for the various strange results came in the mind:

1) Where students will look for the answers and detailed study of their questions?

2) Some of the professionals will lose their jobs as they are considered only for doing Google research

3) We may face some spammy and worthless sites well as we used to see when try to research on other search engines

4) Google algorithms are very large and effective more larger pool of the sites

Ca you guys add more into it?

marktravellinks, Aug 5, 2014 IP
    mentat47 likes this.
  2. atsad

atsad Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Bing is the beautiful alternative to do the same.

atsad, Aug 5, 2014 IP
    Jameyson MacDonald likes this.
  3. Ferzy

Ferzy Member

Best Answers:
    Something else will take its place. Whether it's called bing, facebook search or twitter search, in the end it does not make much difference. I think when people say things what would happen if google dissappears forget to remember that competition will take their place immediately. And in my opinion, they can do just as good of a job like google does.

Ferzy, Aug 6, 2014 IP
  4. Sungnani

Sungnani Member

Best Answers:
    Someone will always beat the best...eventually. When that happens, then I will migrate! For now, it's working and and I am milking it for all it's worth.

Sungnani, Aug 6, 2014 IP
    Jim4767 likes this.
  5. TecSeo

TecSeo Peon

Best Answers:
    Google is here to stay, be a long time before Google will start to disappear.

TecSeo, Aug 7, 2014 IP
  6. KylieSweet

KylieSweet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If there is no Google I think search engine will not be usually used for everyday activities and aside from Yahoo & Bing they will be using alternative options. But I can't imagine without Google because it is the main course.

KylieSweet, Aug 7, 2014 IP
  7. prosperity66

prosperity66 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I wouldn't miss Google at all, in fact it would benefit my sites' traffic. Right now I only search with Bing - it's the only one search engine that provides me with accurate results and not only paying answers to my questions.
    I already get spammy sites as results when I search Google, I've always got such results, and will always. Google's is not reliable, it's only providing info that is paying for being displayed. The rest is site scrapers and other thieves... I don't see where the quality lies when it comes to Google's search results.

prosperity66, Aug 10, 2014 IP
  8. Jim4767

Jim4767 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Amen. That's how it works. My sentiments exactly.

Jim4767, Aug 10, 2014 IP
  9. christinestewart

christinestewart Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    With the passage of time everything is changing, it may possible that in the future Google will replace with any other search engine.

christinestewart, Aug 11, 2014 IP
  10. Shivangi1988

Shivangi1988 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    At present when Google is there we can not thing of anything else, but when Google will not be there then some other good option will take its place.

Shivangi1988, Aug 12, 2014 IP
  11. chinesegirl07

chinesegirl07 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Without google, probably we are all in the library now.

chinesegirl07, Aug 12, 2014 IP
  12. John14

John14 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Google has made things really simple if someone has any problem just consult Google and no one can replace Google..Google will become even more popular in future..

John14, Aug 13, 2014 IP
  13. iHaveGreatIdea

iHaveGreatIdea Peon

Best Answers:
    Noooo! We'll use another search and we'll be very happy without Google.

iHaveGreatIdea, Aug 13, 2014 IP
  14. stevan

stevan Peon

Best Answers:
    Without google, we would use AltaVista again.

stevan, Aug 13, 2014 IP
  15. rassen

rassen Member

Best Answers:
    google is really bad these days because of anti-spam algorithm.

rassen, Aug 13, 2014 IP
  16. Emma S

Emma S Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    There are so many alternatives nowadays. So I don't think that it would be a huge problem

Emma S, Aug 14, 2014 IP
  17. billzo

billzo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, I can. I stopped using Google as my search engine in 2004 as I found that Yahoo produced superior results with SERPs much less influenced by spammy sites. Google's search results used to be dominated by spammy sites, link farms, and the like until they got better and became more like Yahoo.

To this day I use Yahoo because I still find it produces superior results. I use Google as a backup search engine as I find that while Yahoo does a better job ranking relevant results, it is not as deep as Google is when it comes to finding obscure things about people. For example, if you are searching for relatively unimportant information on someone (like a potential client or even if you were online stalking, looking for mugshots or court cases), Google is better. But when you have a question and need a quick answer, I find Yahoo to be better.

billzo, Aug 14, 2014 IP
  18. doktu

doktu Active Member

Best Answers:
    The alternatives are there, but never restrict yourself to 1 SE, or source. You really need to dig deep while researching, so you need to look at all the options. While doing this, you'll be amazed at the results you'll get. I never use one source, and I always use Google to get some insights / data / pointers..

doktu, Aug 15, 2014 IP
  19. Amanda103

Amanda103 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi
    I think of these points
    -For online shopping we do Google search and without Google we won't be able to get good and quality reviews about products
    -4G/3G will become useless as Google is the most powerful search engine.
    -Life will become difficult.
    -Most people will lose their jobs
    -Google own YouTube and YouTube is the king of all video marketing campaigns.
    Google has a great influence on our daily lives and without it life becomes difficult unless another powerful search engine take it's place and which not possible in sort time period.

Amanda103, Aug 15, 2014 IP
  20. JessUBotNinja

JessUBotNinja Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    In this life things are constantly evolving and trying to beat each other out... There are plenty of people fighting for Google's seat right now... and someone would be sure to scoop it up faster than you could imagine if Google some how stepped down or disappeared.

Was this the intention of your question, or are you more curious what peoples' thoughts would be on the reverse of time, if now after having knowledge so immediately available to us, now we had to go back to a more involved approach to discovering the information you want and need?

JessUBotNinja, Aug 15, 2014 IP