1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

People leaving at the checkout page on my website

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by drunkglitch, Jul 30, 2014.

Hi digital point forums,

I have a website ecommerce store and, when I check google analytics I can see that on most days I get around 700 Visitors to my website per day and around 10 people going to the checkout page, but only 3 of those 10 people actually finish with the checkout. Does you know reasons why this could be? Thanks for the help.

drunkglitch, Jul 30, 2014 IP
  2. mrgadget

mrgadget Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I think it's normal, sometimes I click "add to cart" without the purpose of purchasing, but just curious of how the process will go thorough. Just my 2 cents.

mrgadget, Jul 30, 2014 IP
  3. Siservices

Siservices Active Member

Best Answers:
    First of all if you are getting so many visitors per day and just 10 of them are checking out then may be your products are not according to their budget or you don't have a proper plan. Offer your visitors something good so that they stick to your website. Also people are looking for easy and cheap delivery process. So if you are charging high or have less payment options they won't consider your service. Improve your call to action and landing page strategy to get more benefit.

Siservices, Jul 30, 2014 IP
  4. ShoppingSignals

ShoppingSignals Member

Best Answers:
    Shopping cart abandonment is a reality of the eCommerce business. Most folks would suggest that you test and tweak the hell out of your checkout pages in hopes of improving your conversions.

While this can help to a degree I think the reality is that many people never intended to purchase in the first place. They are simply using the cart to tally up costs, determine shipping time, etc. When I'm doing this at an online store, there is no level of tweaking or testing that would convert me to a sale.

ShoppingSignals, Aug 1, 2014 IP
  5. yagnik

yagnik Active Member

Best Answers:
    You would like to add some Discount / Promocode or Gift to impress you customers.
    And also use Trust Worthy buttons for check out like "PayPal" button. So customers get some satisfaction about security of your site.

yagnik, Aug 1, 2014 IP
  6. Deepak0333

Deepak0333 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi,

You should use One page checkout for increasing your conversion rate. People get bore filling lots of information.

I can help you build a one page checkout in your E-store and i do have lots of other activities i can do to increase your conversion rate and sales on the E-store.

Thanks,
    Deepak wadhwa

Deepak0333, Aug 4, 2014 IP
  7. ChristyMathew

ChristyMathew Member

Best Answers:
    So, did you analyse the check out page? i think its need an update on check out pages.

ChristyMathew, Aug 5, 2014 IP
  8. JosephMorin

JosephMorin Peon

Best Answers:
    You are getting visitors across 700 per day, but only 10 peoples going to your checkout page that means your marketing strategy is good but you have to work on your products. May be they are not getting required product or price may be too high for them. You have to analysis is their everything fine with your products? You can have some good plan like discount to attract people's to your checkout page.

JosephMorin, Aug 7, 2014 IP
  9. Solid Commerce

Solid Commerce Member

Best Answers:
    This nails it - cart abandonment is par for the course. Many online sellers spend a ton of time constantly tweaking their sites to make sure people follow through and actually make that purchase.

Doing a bit of Googling will turn you up an almost endless amount of information about best practices that will help you combat cart abandonment.

Solid Commerce, Aug 7, 2014 IP
  10. Rado_ch

Rado_ch Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Apart from the obvious tweaking and testing many people are doing on the checkout, you can also analyse your Checkout page and see how user friendly it is. As this is the page that brings you actual money, you have to constantly experiment and test until you make it as best as it can be. Another good idea might be to apply some sort of special discount when users try to leave the page - further % discount, special bonus to complete the order etc. Its all about trial and error, my friend ;)

Rado_ch, Aug 7, 2014 IP
    Content Maestro likes this.
  11. Patricia Ann Lee

Patricia Ann Lee Active Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with @mrgadget because I do it too. But, you can check on your 'check out' page and analyze if there are problems. On the other hand, 3 out of 10 is not bad.

Patricia Ann Lee, Aug 7, 2014 IP
  12. FPForum

FPForum Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    It's the same as others have said...
    1) If you're getting 700 uniques per day and only 10 are going to the checkout page you may want to try and raise that first and for-most.
    2) It's not uncommon for people to hit the checkout page and then leave. 3/10 really doesn't sound too bad..but you should really have more than 10 people hitting that page with 700 uniques.

FPForum, Aug 8, 2014 IP
  13. harakiri

harakiri Active Member

Best Answers:
    Perhaps you do the basic. Check yourself your check out process. There must be something wrong in the process.

harakiri, Aug 10, 2014 IP
  14. nicholemathew

nicholemathew Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi, for Abandon Cart issues.. check the behavior of the clients, where do they stay in lot of time, time spend on pages? products? Then narrow down your analysis, If a customer views your product detail page for a quantum time but doesnot checkout then, probably he has got enough information about the product/ shipment/ clarity... the price didnt not match , there many be many reasons. Try to include reward / loyalty points, discount options, social share, Face Book.. and attract him to proceed to checkout. I guess the problem lies in your end than at customer end. 700 per day is good number, you have to improve the conversation rate!

nicholemathew, Aug 22, 2014 IP