1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Question about resizing of website

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by eddie43302, Dec 10, 2006.

Yes i have a quick question when ever i view my website in my browser and then make the browser window smaller my website looks all weird everything is like crammed together,is there a quick fix for this so that when ever you make the window bigger or smaller it will resize by itself without cramming everything together.Website is http://www.freeforumcenter.com

eddie43302, Dec 10, 2006 IP
  2. kkibak

kkibak Peon

Best Answers:
    Are you talking about the navigation bar links and the copyright section?

kkibak, Dec 10, 2006 IP
  3. eddie43302

eddie43302 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    yes all of it even the logo at the top moves.i looked at my site at 800x600 and it looks like crap cause of that.but i actually use 1024x768 and internet explorer and its looks great in it,but even in ie when i made the web page smaller it just crams all the stuff together, try it.

4. kkibak

kkibak Peon

Best Answers:
    I would use CSS to decrease the font size of the nav links by a pixel or two, and it looks like you just need to shrink the banner size by about 40 - 50 pixels.

kkibak, Dec 10, 2006 IP
  5. eddie43302

Best Answers:
    what you mean by using css. i use dreamweaver to edit pages and build them,do i just go in there and make the font smaller?.And the logo i guess ill have to make a new once since if i decrease the size with dreamweaver it will get all funky looking.. okay.. thanks for your help though i appreciate it,if you have any more tips please shoot them my way :)

P.S what browser do you use and settings? and do you think my website looks pretty decent in your browser? im just trying to make it to even the people using 800x600 can enjoy my website even though there probably aint to many using that low of a resolution anymore(well i hope not)

6. kkibak

kkibak Peon

Best Answers:
    Hmm since you aren't familiar with css the best way would probably be to add the following to the head of your pages:

<style type="text/css">
    a {
    font-size:11px;
    }
    </style>
    [/quote]

you can change the 11px around and see what makes it fit
    Code (markup):

kkibak, Dec 10, 2006 IP
    eddie43302 likes this.
  7. eddie43302

Best Answers:
    ok i fixed the menu items from not cramming up there kind of small now but i can live with it! I also made my font a little smaller on the main page and on the other pages so they all match up,still gotta do the top logo if i dont want it pushing to the left when the browser is shrunk.All in all thanks for the help! + rep thanks!

8. kkibak

kkibak Peon

Best Answers:
    No probablem glad you got it working!

kkibak, Dec 10, 2006 IP