1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What is the Best way to make SEO for my new project?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by NineMM, Jan 5, 2014.

Hello, i've got a new fancy project and i want your opinion.

I have http://videogames26.com, the website have 15.000 games on it, its better to make seo just for category ? or should i make seo for all links? Thanks.

NineMM, Jan 5, 2014 IP
  2. jenny12014

jenny12014 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    content is the king, link is the queen

jenny12014, Jan 5, 2014 IP
  3. tushar09

tushar09 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hello,
    Start with some social bookmarks, then go for web 2.0 and Press release, you can blast web 2.0 and Press release with bots.
    But most important is on page seo, how your site appears on Google and to the visitors.
    Good Luck!

tushar09, Jan 5, 2014 IP
  4. Alto Pluma

Alto Pluma Member

Best Answers:
    Start writing a quality, well researched, unique, SEO optimized article and post it on blogger.com. Ping it using pingler after that submit its RSS feed to tools.950buy.com/rss-submit/ then social bookmark it with Social Maximizer. Then start building backlinks to your blogger blog. Outsource this process in fiverr. Then you can ramp things up by using software’s and scripts to build massive amount of backlinks to your buffer sites.

Tools like: Link Claw

At the end your link graph will look something like this:

[​IMG]

Alto Pluma, Jan 5, 2014 IP
  5. talkcarinsurance

talkcarinsurance Member

Best Answers:
    If you have a lot of interesting content on your site work on long tail keywords. Once your site has certain level of authority you can pick up some traffic from long tail keywords if you set your title and url extension smartly. For example, get titles and url extensions like this;

Get Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes Online
    find-affordable-car-insurance-policies-on-internet

talkcarinsurance, Jan 5, 2014 IP
  6. ranvijay

ranvijay Active Member

Best Answers:
    Doing SEO for all the links is something which is really exhaustive & time consuming too. Have you ever thought the SEO processes used on E-commerce sites. E-commerce sites have different categories & in each category they got number of products with either static or dynamic URL structures. Some products are sold and some new products are added on daily basis. So it's quite difficult for us to keep an inventory like ERPs & other software. Here we are talking about SEO process & as per your question "Whether you should work on Categories or All links ?" I must suggest you should go for Home Page & Categories based on the following mixed strategy.
    • Use Naked URLS/Brand Name instead of using Anchor Texts while pointing your links to the Homepage
    • Use Keyword related terms specially long tail keywords while targeting your categories & Inner pages.
    • Use slangs like "click here, visit our categories etc. to avoid over optimization of your category related keywords.

ranvijay, Jan 5, 2014 IP
  7. kmm2908

kmm2908 Active Member

Best Answers:
    @NineMM you will find that an e-commerce site is a lot harder to get SEO results for than a normal business/blog site, but once achieved the results usually stick. It is vital to put a plan in place quickly.

Sharing what works for us with our e-commerce clients; I would focus initially on getting the homepage established, then use your categories and product pages to help you formulate a silo style strategy.

Using the product pages first, focus on long tail keywords. They will be easier to rank for and will start traffic flowing. Then as you work further up the silo towards the category page your keyword terms will become less long tail. The momentum of traffic achieved from the long tail keywords will help you rank for the tougher keywords as you work up the 'silo'. Use the title and description section of your product page to include the long tail keywords as your on page optimization will need to be spot on.

With each category 'silo' accumulating traffic initially from the long tail keywords your site will start to appear as an authority site in the eyes of Google, which will help with all future SEO.

There is no 'quick fix' I am afraid, this type of site needs a lot of planning and work on to rank well. SEO here is definitely a long term commitment.

I would also start a blog, with an article on each of the long tail keywords and link that to your product/category pages. Make sure you optimize your internal linking as that will help boost your initial rankings and if done properly will maximize the benefits of the 'silo' structure.

If you have any questions on the above let me know.

kmm2908, Jan 5, 2014 IP
  8. Amy B

Amy B Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree that SEO is a long term commitment. I suggest using Adwords to see what the most popular phrases are when people are searching. What kind of business are you running?

Amy B, Jul 31, 2014 IP
  9. SEOsince99

SEOsince99 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    And afterwards you'll have a thread asking why your rankings tanked and your site received a penalty.

This isn't 2010 anymore folks.

SEOsince99, Jul 31, 2014 IP
  10. speakarea

speakarea Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi I suggest you to start doing SEO for the pages you want to target if you are doing SEO for all pages it should be time consuming.......Make sure that your site contains Unique and quality content with all this also do "Social Media Marketing" it helps you a lot.

speakarea, Jul 31, 2014 IP
  11. Speedy_J

Speedy_J Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    @NineMM First of all,contact your hosting provider cause I can't see your site. Then I suggest you look for a very good host for your site and have it work @ lightspeed

Once you do that, you need to understand SEO a bit better (just read an up-o-date guide or follow a couple SEO bloggers that know what they're saying). Then you can read kmm2908's reply, befriend him and continue to seek expert advice for free - works like a charm.

@kmm2908 there's lots of work on a silo, I totally agree with you, I'm just not sure if there's more e thread work involved on-site (especially when you're the 10th SEO to work on a website) than there is off-site. can you share what you're working on?

I won't get into 'tiered linkbuilding' and all, it's just awful and SEOsince99 says it all.

So get your site up'n'runnin and keep the thread alive for some free advice that other folks working on similar sites and large e-commerce ones can benefit. Let's do this!

Speedy_J, Aug 1, 2014 IP
  12. fivergig

fivergig Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    social bookmarking,quality backlinking, quality SEO content. check fiverr.com/fiverrgig for quality services.

fivergig, Aug 7, 2014 IP
  13. SearchBliss

SearchBliss Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Every page should be optimized because each page should bring in it's own targeted organic traffic.

SearchBliss, Aug 7, 2014 IP
  14. Matei Gavriluta

Matei Gavriluta Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If your website is good you should grow the brand - that means that once you grow the brand your traffic will grow exponential. Try and get natural links from big sites. That means you have to invest lit bit, going with free SEO will take months.

Matei Gavriluta, Aug 15, 2014 IP
  15. creztor

creztor Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Read what Poly said above. It's about writing good content, getting links from relevant sites and making sure your own site is setup properly for SEO. I'll add to that and say it is about also making sure you site is updated and current. Google loves sites that frequently update, but this doesn't mean you just write and publish poor content. Focus on quality.

creztor, Aug 15, 2014 IP
  16. rankwatch.com

rankwatch.com Active Member

Best Answers:
    Start with bookmarking, web 2.0, guest blogging and then blog commenting.

rankwatch.com, Sep 16, 2014 IP