1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Keep promoting popular article or post next article?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Googs, Aug 5, 2014.

Last week I created a blog and posted an article. I promoted this article in a couple of forums and posted it to reddit. That was 4 days ago, there has since been over 3700 unique visitors. Traffic has remained steady for the past few days, but I'm not sure how to proceed. I have gained 33 email subscribers in the process as well.

Would it be advised to continue to try and promote the article via forums and other methods or should I post my next article?

I was thinking the best strategy might be to continue to promote the existing article to grow my list. Then once traffic starts to drop off I would post my next article.

On the other hand, maybe would it be better to go ahead and post the next article while traffic is still high. Then each visitor would have both articles to look at.

I'd really appreciate any input.

Googs, Aug 5, 2014 IP
  2. Dario McNut

Dario McNut Member

Best Answers:
    You can promote your article through social bookmarking and also submit your articles on big sites like ezine and others.

Dario McNut, Aug 5, 2014 IP
  3. Matei Gavriluta

Matei Gavriluta Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Posting new fresh content regular it's something that search engine loves. So add regular content while you advertise your main page. Will help you in time.

Matei Gavriluta, Aug 5, 2014 IP
  4. Ethan Alvin

Ethan Alvin Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I'm just thinking if it is wise to post your articles to article directories as Google dislikes duplicate content now.

Do you have a blog to hold your first article? I'd say create a blog and continue writing.

If you're into writing, PM me...
    I'm looking for writers :)

Ethan Alvin, Aug 6, 2014 IP
  5. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I suggest that you discipline yourself to divide your time to do both activities (keep promoting the successful article while writing the new one.) It is a mistake to put all of your marketing eggs in one basket, so to speak.

jrbiz, Aug 6, 2014 IP
  6. Googs

Googs Greenhorn

Best Answers:

I do have a blog that holds my first article. I ended up posting my second article yesterday. These 2 posts are really "how to's" as opposed to articles. I wanted to post 2 useful, easy to read step by steps to get people signed up. Moving forward I will write in-depth articles as well as the how-to ones.

Googs, Aug 7, 2014 IP
  7. Vitarank

Vitarank Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    why focus on one when you can do both? You can promote the popular blog and keep on writing contents. If the article really is popular then less is the effort needed to promote for chances are, readers may promote it on their own - giving you the tine to write more articles.

Vitarank, Aug 7, 2014 IP
  8. fivergig

fivergig Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    promote your blog, write quality content and your blog is up and viral

fivergig, Aug 7, 2014 IP