1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is Article Submission still working for SEO

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Madhu Singh, Jul 28, 2014.

As Matt Cutts said earlier: Don't Use Article Directories For Link Building

Now I am a bit confused about article submission. Please help me to clarify that if I submit my article in high PR article sites with a no-follow backlink then it will affect my website ranking????

Thanks
    Waiting for your precious responses...

Solved! View solution.
    Madhu Singh, Jul 28, 2014 IP
  2. Ferzy

Ferzy Member

Best Answers:
    No, google does not consider this editorially placed links and you will not benefit from them, you actually increase your risk of getting penalized.

There were several manual google webmaster tools penalties that showed that links coming from Ezine Articles - arguable the best article directory, manually reviewed - are considered unnatural, and if those are unnatural, then no other article directory is safe.

Ferzy, Jul 28, 2014 IP
    Jim4767 likes this.
    To clarify, she said "with a no-follow backlink" and with a no follow link they may help you with traffic, but of course not with page rank. The problem is--and has always been--in my viewpoint, which is why I never used article directories, that when you rank an article on another site, most of the time the clickthrough rate is low. 5-10% at best. Effectively, unless you're taking them to Facebook or one of the social media sites that will be dropping a lot of traffic into your website, you're really competing with your own site. Drop it on your own, optimize it well, make sure it's original and unique and then go to facebook or other sites and put up an excerpt and a nice photo and you're going to see a higher clickthrough rate anyway. Link building can be done with top quality sites but article directories never worked all that well. They are a decent vehicle for finding traffic in some cases, but they were not that effective because they were not an evergreen strategy for getting inbound links.. Add to that the fact that you have no control over whether the link is no follow or do follow in most cases, because most sites have that coded in by default. simply finding sites that are relevant to--but not competing with your own and sending them a note to tell them about your work sometimes results in a good inbound link. I think networking is the best and most viable way to get good links today. don't ask for them, but show your content around and get creative. For example one of my customers is a carpet cleaner. I put up an article on the worlds most expensive carpets on his site and then sent a notice to a site that was about odd trivia and they backlinked to it.

ladymacbeth9, Jul 28, 2014 IP
    Jim4767 likes this.
  4. microblogland

microblogland Active Member

Best Answers:
    It can be poison for your website as most of the article directories are spammed to death!

microblogland, Jul 28, 2014 IP
  5. gcalcines

gcalcines Active Member

Best Answers:
    You are better creating web 2.0 properties.

gcalcines, Jul 28, 2014 IP
  6. ManiQuadraincorp

ManiQuadraincorp Active Member

Best Answers:
    Article Submission Mainly used for SEO keywords ranking . I am using High page Rank website and Quality content.

ManiQuadraincorp, Jul 29, 2014 IP
  7. Siservices

Siservices Active Member

Best Answers:
    Article websites are not dead totally. But you need to consider Web 2.0 websites like Hubpages to get more benefit. Also its a fact that content is always a top priority so you never know what can bring in you the desired results unless a proper optimization is done. Share your content on Social networking websites as well.

Siservices, Jul 29, 2014 IP
  8. Jake The Competition Man

Jake The Competition Man Active Member

Best Answers:
    the old good advice is still a good one. Focus on content and getting an audience. You must show your skills so others know you are an expert in a specific topic. If the topic is your passion, you are naturally an expert (usually). So you just have to choose something you love talking about.

Anything else must be studied carefully first, because so many factors are changing lately.

9. John Lucas

John Lucas Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, I don't think it's a good as it used to be. Just better do it like most people do, put that content on your site instead or get a guest post going with other blogs/sites.

John Lucas, Jul 29, 2014 IP
  10. KylieSweet

KylieSweet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It is because article directories that are being used in link building is considered as link schemes by Google. Engaging content will be the best medium for you to reach your targeted audience provide them what they needs and expectations from your product and services.

KylieSweet, Jul 29, 2014 IP
  11. joshef

joshef Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    In my opinion, article submission is still working. But here one thing is to be keeping in mind that, select only authenticate sites for submission your article. You can use hubpages and squidoo for submission.

joshef, Jul 30, 2014 IP
  12. John Lucas

John Lucas Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, it's still okay to use SOMETIMES. Not so much for link building but for expanding your reach and spreading your content. But as far as link building goes, that ship is long gone.

John Lucas, Aug 3, 2014 IP
  13. Krishspeech

Krishspeech Active Member

Best Answers:
    In a word waste of time and money also. But you can use it as a 3rd tier link building strategy.

Krishspeech, Aug 4, 2014 IP
  14. collantjay

collantjay Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Guys what is your opinion about hubpages and ezines?Do you think if i write and submit articles on these two site it might help my ranking? Or maybe i want to try or hire seo firm like this one http://www.internetsecretsmadeeasy.com?

collantjay, Aug 6, 2014 IP
  15. ActionEstore

ActionEstore Active Member

Best Answers:

The article directories ins't dead at all ... Just think another side of real SEO ( Content is King) & getting backlinks from quality content will help you to rank well is that what said by Matt cutts. Matt cutt was mentioning to those article which are auto approved their artciles submitted by users or article directories which have low domain authority.

Use Ezine article for link building strategy.. :)

ActionEstore, Aug 6, 2014 IP
  16. Jake The Competition Man

Jake The Competition Man Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think probably the problem is for low quality sites, they do not check what's submitted and if the texts are good or not. Important directories can't do this or risk to lose reputation.

17. Henry Calvin

Henry Calvin Member

Best Answers:
    Article submission are still working. Yes you have to submit your article in article directory. But remember no-follow link give you only traffic. Google doesn't considor it.

Henry Calvin, Aug 7, 2014 IP
  18. msultani

msultani Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    How is it that article directories aren't dead. Can you tell me that last time you searched for something, Ezine showed up on top. Article directories are for traffic only. If new content is king, then we should see article directories on top non stop because they get 100s of new content every day, but you don't don't see them on top. SEO and Ranking works for your site, if your own pages contents are unique and and SEOed properly and relevant links are pointing to your site with being related to you.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2014
    msultani, Aug 7, 2014 IP
  19. Vahid

Vahid Active Member

Best Answers:
    > if I submit my article in high PR article sites with a no-follow backlink then it will affect my website ranking????

1- It can affect your website ranking, if you over do it, specially if you have keyword rich anchor texts in your links.

2- Even if it doesn't affect your website ranking, it is wasting of time. It does not improve your ranking. Even it doesn't drive any traffic to your site, because almost all of the article directories, including the most famous ones like ezinearticles.com are hit by Panda update. You don't see any of their article pages on Google anymore.

Vahid, Aug 7, 2014 IP
  20. Vitarank

Vitarank Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    With Google's strict guidelines on contents, article directory submission sites dont have much effect on SEO nowadays.

Vitarank, Aug 7, 2014 IP